Pono ATSHC Pro-Classic Acacia Tenor Cutaway (Cedar Top)

.. should I have posted this in Reviews? .. sorry if someone thinks I have one FS or WTB..

Wow, that's a nice looking uke (love the slothead) and I imagine that the cedar/koa combination produces a very nice, warm sound. I don't own a Pono but I've played one before (I was impressed) and have heard good things from others...

I love my Pono mahogany concert and 6 string tenor. Great value, but I paid 1/4th and 1/3rd as much for mine than the one you are looking at. As much as I like Ponos, I get nervous about spending $850 or more for one.

I love Ponos, have three. My cedar top/rosewood back and sides model is the overall best sounding ukulele I own.

The same model, by parent co. Ko"Olau, would cost you $2000. Would you be able to tell a difference. I don;t know, but my gut tells me no (except with green in your wallet).

If you're into thin necks, look eleswhere. Ponos are thick and smooth and lovely. They have a truss rod and are very stable. Aaron, from HMS, for instance, likes thick necks, and many say the tone is better with a thick neck.

The slotted headstock is as pretty as a milkmaid in the fields of Wisconsin.

Eddie uses a Pono with cedar top (rosewood back and sides), and it sounds keen when he plays it (they took off the Pono headstock logo on his--but it's a Pono)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W0B-1iF6S4

Last edited:
That is a really nice looking ukulele and it sounds really great in the video. Like others here, I also have a Pono. It's a baritone and solid acacia. I love the warm sound and it's built very well. In fact, I've been thinking about getting one of their tenors.

I'm drooling over this one's sound and looks.. anyone have one of these tenors with the cedar top? Are they warmer sounding? Are you a satisfied Pono owner?

http://www.theukulelesite.com/pono-atcsh-pro-classic-acacia-tenor.html

damn it!

damn it! I just ordered a few hours ago.. I did 'downsize' on the price and went with the hog PONO MTD

$469, plus $100 for the pickup..

Attachments

• pono_mtd.jpg
    pono_mtd.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 20
I played that same model at HMS last month and I thought it was the best sounding uke I picked up. I kept going back to it comparing it with others, but that's the one that sounded best to my ear.

I played that same model at HMS last month and I thought it was the best sounding uke I picked up. I kept going back to it comparing it with others, but that's the one that sounded best to my ear.

Thanks for the validation! I seemed to have spent more time researching this uke purchase than i did on researching my last car purchase

Top Bottom