Another "Happy Birtdhay" thread

TCK

Reaction score
Mya Moe number 822 entered the world today after a 9 month gestation period.
She probably came in kicking and screaming...now to wait for the final tattoo "Mya Moe #822, made for The Cloverdale Kid".
Curly Cherry and Sitka Spruce- anyone know what strings I ought to use to make her sound more warm (snicker)?
Beyond excited

Congratulations, Dave! It's common knowledge that the quickest way to warm up a set of strings is to coat them with lots of The Cloverdale Kid's fingertip grease.

Looking forward to hearing this soon-to-be beauty in a few weeks!!

Man, that is one weird lookin baby Dave...surprised they didn't pick that up in the ultrasounds... :uhoh:

Man, that is one weird lookin baby Dave...surprised they didn't pick that up in the ultrasounds... :uhoh:
LOL- this slayed me man.
Thanks folks- you know I will update this daily, and it is as close to a kid as you are getting out of this old fool ;)

Aloha Dave,
Congrats Bruddah..woo hoo as Curley says... woo wooo woooo woooooo I hear your foot tapping here in Hawaii... LOL Happy Strummings..
Seems everyone is getting suprises now...hee hee if you know what I mean....soon

Last edited:
verah purdy..... my local SEUker buddy Alan/ decaturcomp just received delivery of his MM recently..... a sweet and wonderful thing of beauty, just plays itself. Congrats, you lucky dog you......

Congrats on the new arrival! I wouldn't mind sleepless nights with that one ;) :drool:

822-8.jpg
Neck being attached to body. Today found me at Wine Country Uke Festival and well darn it- weren't Gordon and Char taking the day off? I tried to compel them to go home and work on old 822 while I watched their table, but they were wise to me. Oh well, the only thing better than scrimping and saving for months, lamenting over wood choices, and waiting for what seems like an eternity for your uke to arrive is a conversation with the folks who are making it.
By the way- I played a Mya Resonator for the first time today. Fortunately I was smitten. Should be here in two weeks

it's coming together beautifully mate...I've been checking it myself everyday too to watch the progress...he he...think I'm as excited as you are

Looks wonderful, Dave.

Now, get a bottleneck,. and start learning to Slide!

"'Cause nobody gets out of here, without they play the Blues!"

-Kurt​

congrats mate, looks awesome. love that Cherry. Gee, now I think about it, that 6 months sure went darn quick...but not for you maybe he he :p

Beautiful! My # 870 begins the birth process in nine days. Congratulations on your new almost-arrival.

Top Bottom