Ever dreamed about Ukulele ?

The Big Kahuna

Reaction score
Ok, I can only attribute this one to being incredibly tired after my first day in a new job:

I set up a group on Facebook, something to do with "Aloha Spirit" or something (yes, I know!).

I was informed by FB via email that someone with a "celebrity" status was being given control of my group, because it suited their purposes.

I discovered that the celebrities in question were Jake and Aldrine, and went to confront them at a gig they were doing in a big shed somewhere in England.

After shouting at them a lot, it all got smoothed over when Jake informed me that I'd be getting a big kickback from the money it generated.

After the gig I found Jake & Aldrine sitting at a table surrounded by giggling girls, while Aldrine worked his way through a big tray of Banana Liqueur shots (he was drunk and giggling more than the girls to be honest).

For some reason, I swapped my clothes with a girl at the gig and ran home through the rain in army boots and a pair of knitted shorts with buttons that kept coming undone.

There, that should keep the shrinks busy for a week or two.

So, tell us about your Uke dream.

Last edited:
For real, I have only once had a dream about music. The only reason I know I had one at all was because I woke up and thought "weird - a music dream!" Music is my life too so it's really strange that it's not ever included in dreams.

I was doing laundry when a big spider came toward me. I grabbed the closest thing to me and I smashed the spider as hard as I could. When the spider was dead, I realized I had used my fender ukulele to smash it. My poor uke was destroyed! I then woke up and checked on my ukuleles. Thank goodness that was a dream!

Best dream evar! :D

I had a uke nightmare. I had a Koaloha concert (I didn't yet have one), and it was the middle of winter and -20 (-4F) outside, but the uke was safe and cozy in our heated living room, in its case with a humidifier and a room humidfier as well. So I took a nap. I woke from the nap to discover there was some maintenance work going on, and builders coming in and out of the apartment. They left the door open as well as the main building door, with cold air swirling up the stairs and into our hallway.

And for some reason, my husband had the bright idea that the uke had been in its case long enough, so he hung it on the coat rack in the hallway, next to the open door. I just stared at it, unable to form words. It was all warped and cracked and broken. He just shrugged and said that's where he thought it was supposed to go! My Koaloha!!

It felt so real I had to remember to NOT be angry at him! And yes, I have had husband-caused disasters in my life. Clearly he has left me traumatized. ;)

Top Bottom