Fox Valley Folk Music and Story Telling Festival - Sept 2 & 3 - Geneva, IL

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
http://foxvalleyfolk.com/

It's the 36th Annual Fox Valley Folk Music and Story TellingFestival.

There are 8 stages, with perfomances, workshops, starring:

Lou & Peter Berryman --------- Bryan Bowers --------- Clarke Buehling
Debra Cowan ---- Curtis & Loretta ---- Mark Dvorak ---- John Flynn
Bob Franke ----- Steve Gillette & Cindy Mangsen --- Kim & Reggie Harris
Kim & Jim Lansford ---- Elizabeth Laprelle & Anna Roberts-Gavin
Joel Mabus -------- Lee Murdock -------- Kim & The New Bad Habbits ---- Eric Noden -------- Trillium
Red Tail Ring ------ Bill Robinson & Friends ------ Sones de Mexico
Matt Watroba ---- Jack Williams ----- And More To Be Announced

THere will be lots of accoustic instruments including ukes, fiddles, banjos, dulcimers and guitars.
Bring an instrument as there will be open mic areas and lots of jamming going on too.

Thanks for the post. I live right there (can walk to it in about 4 minutes), so I'll be there for part of it, for sure. I've enjoyed it immensely in the past.

Island Park has been under construction, new bridge, all summer, which really busts up the bicycle path. Are they opening it for the fest, MrEworm?

Yes, its on Island Park. Hopefully we have good weather. I'll be on one if the lesser stages under my pseudonym of John Sargent

Hi, John. Nice to meet you, I'm Steve and I will be seeing Lil Rev/I, actually, caught Lil Rev at the Folk Fest last year under the small tent with two other performers; perhaps you saw him there, too. He's great, for sure. If I see you at the Island Park Folk Fest (oh, and I can't forget the Storytellers), I'll say hello! I pray it doesn't become a monsoon with Isaac remnants.

Last edited:
The festival begins today. The weather looks much better than it did yesterday. :) :) :)
If you're near Chicago and love accoustic music, come to Island Park,

Top Bottom