Uke name

frankiefirefox

Reaction score
I know that a bunch of y'all have named your ukes. I haven't understood why until very recently. If you name a pet fish, how can you not name your uke???

What are some of your uke's names?

Ever since I was a kid, I have always named everything. But as weird as it sounds, I have to spend time with it for awhile first and find out what it's "personality" is. I can't seem to name things until I spend some time with them first. Some of the names, and different things I have named:

My Sopranino Ohana SK-21: "Ku'u poki'i <Kapookie>" (Cherrished Little Sister)
My 1st, Ohana SK-35: "IZ"
Ohana SK-35 a.k.a. "IZ"
A Goth Model Les Paul: Barnabas
Another Les Paul: Hobo Ted (there is a story there)
A 1948 Plymouth Sedan: Eleanor
My daughter's 69 VW Beetle: Scarab

I could go on and on..

I thought long and hard about the names I gave my ukes. So here is the list in no particular order:

Moore Bettah - My Moore Bettah Concert
Howlett - My Pete Howlett uklectic
Koaloha - My Koaloha concert
Stagg - My Stagg Concert, AKA Jacks uke (my son)
Koa pili koko - my soprano Koa pili koko

Tramp - 5 string boat paddle with my logo on the tail
Bob - david Gill Pineapple (Sponge bob lives in one)
little pete - ohana sopranino
blanket - david Gill aromatic cedar tenor
#1 - Custom painted Oscar Schmidt OU-2
Jones - Goldtone Banjolele deluxe

I thought long and hard about the names I gave my ukes. So here is the list in no particular order:

Moore Bettah - My Moore Bettah Concert
Howlett - My Pete Howlett uklectic
Koaloha - My Koaloha concert
Stagg - My Stagg Concert, AKA Jacks uke (my son)
Koa pili koko - my soprano Koa pili koko

Your originality is right up there with mine. Yeah creativity!

"the DaSilva" - DaSilva #291 soprano
"the Pineapple" - 2011 Kamaka pineapple soprano
"the low G" - low G tuned 2008 Kamaka concert
"the Kiwaya" - Kiwaya KS-0P travel uke

Although the Kamaka pineapple soprano is sometimes known as Valentine, as it was born on Feb 14, 2011. But I can't take credit for the name, it was a friend's idea :)

LOL. So far I'm in the group that calls the ukulele "ukulele."

But now I think I'll change the Mainland slot-head concert's name from "Mainland slot-head concert" to "Senior Ferdinand Droopy-drawers del Mankypants."

LOL. So far I'm in the group that calls the ukulele "ukulele."

But now I think I'll change the Mainland slot-head concert's name from "Mainland slot-head concert" to "Senior Ferdinand Droopy-drawers del Mankypants."

By far, the best ukulele name ever. Allow me to bow down in the presence of greatness.

Well,my kids say,"That's spongebob's house." Everytime they see my pineapple tenor flea. So I guess it is.:D

I had all my ukes named, but then, as I started to sell them to fund other ukes, I felt a little dirty. So now I go dnewton and janeray's route:

The Ohana
The Harmony
The Dolphin
The Honeybee
The Banjolele
The Electric
The Pono
The Baritone

Actually all pretty good names, if you ask me...

I had all my ukes named, but then, as I started to sell them to fund other ukes, I felt a little dirty. So now I go dnewton and janeray's route:

The Ohana
The Harmony
The Dolphin
The Honeybee
The Banjolele
The Electric
The Pono
The Baritone

Actually all pretty good names, if you ask me...

I can pretty much match a face to each of those names except for the Honeybee - so I'm curious what that one is (guessing a custom??)

I thought it would be fun to name a few ukes, but I am with a few others here, and just not creative enough.
The Kamaka is "the Kamaka", The Mya Moe is "the longneck" and the Moore Bettah is usually referred to as "the Honu uke" for obvious reasons.

I know that a bunch of y'all have named your ukes. I haven't understood why until very recently. If you name a pet fish, how can you not name your uke???

What are some of your uke's names?
Haven't named mine. Dont plan on it. I also think it is gender neutral. But it sure is pretty.

I can pretty much match a face to each of those names except for the Honeybee - so I'm curious what that one is (guessing a custom??)

Is the Honeybee a Hive Ukulele? Do you have a sound sample somewhere? I'd love to hear one of those.

Top Bottom