Banjolele Parts?

ukebuilder

Reaction score
I have an old unknown banjolele that needs a tail piece. It is not the drum type but the older solid wood ring with the drum head mounted down inside it. I will try and get pics as I would like to know more about it. It also cam with a world war one looking canvas carrying case that opens from the large end. Anyhoo I need the tail piece and have yet to find one. Any ideas?

Hmmmm... never thought of using a mando tailpiece. I gave up and made this one from a large fender washer - stainless with a high nickel content turned out to be a nice match. It polished nicely, but by now could use a little cleaning up.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 39
I make my own Hardware for Banjos and Banjoleles, made out of brass or steel. I have some information in my blog about hardware making.

I make my own Hardware for Banjos and Banjoleles, made out of brass or steel. I have some information in my blog about hardware making.

Checked out your blog... Beautiful work! I have been considering rolling a tension hoop (and tone ring) and making a tailpiece out of brass for my next build - I am not a professional. Will depend on what I hear back from nickel plating services as I like the nickel look best. You make great looking hardware! Do you use 360 brass?

Nickel platting is a bit expencive at least here in Spain , I tried to make my own Nickel plating, there are a few plating kits available. Yes I think that the brass is 360.

Top Bottom