PDA

View Full Version : Friends I have made..

Tudorp
08-30-2012, 11:05 AM
I have made some friends here. This has been a great site, and continues to be. But there comes a time when a welcome has been worn out, and a time to move on..

If anyone would like to keep in touch, please feel free to touch base with me. My real email address is: rahuguley[at]comcast[dot]net

Drop me a line sometime. I love you guys, and I love this site. But when it's time, it's time..

God Bless

Tony

The Big Kahuna
08-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Edited at Tudorp's request :)

The Big Kahuna
08-30-2012, 11:20 AM
And a word to the wise, whether you stick around or not. NEVER post your email on the web. If you do, at least use the format "rahuguley [at] comcast [dot] net (rahuguley@comcast.net)"

Otherwise, web crawlers specifically written for the task will automatically harvest your email address and use it to spam you or use it as a bogus email address for spamming others, ensuring that you'll end up on a bunch of RBL's (Real Time Blacklists).

808boy
08-30-2012, 11:24 AM
Aloha Tudorp,
Take care Bruddah, and good luck..............................BO.............. ........

Hippie Dribble
08-30-2012, 11:25 AM
this is a sad day Tony. Please reconsider mate. Your dry wit and good humour and family stories will be missed bigtime. Please reconsider brother.

mm stan
08-30-2012, 11:35 AM
Aloha Tony,
This is a very sad day for me to hear this.....I hope you reconsider....and when things cool off be back.... You are one of my best friends here...
Like Eugene said....please reconsider again....love you bruddah....Take Care and God's Blessings...Keep in touch.....Your friend, Stan Happy Strummings

Tudorp
08-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the sentiment brother. But, it's deeper than that, and I would appreciate it if you removed the above reference as the reason. I am not that shallow to let one thing that I aggree or disagree with make my decisions. Like I said, it's deeper than that. This is a great site, with great people running it, and great people that share in it. It's just time..

P.S. Good point and advice about the email address. I typically don't, and normally use a spam/scam email address on line. But in the spirit of wanting to keep in touch with friends I made here, I let my guard down. thanks for bringing that to my attention.

God Bless

No offence dude, I've had the odd tiff with UU in the short time I've been here after all,

Have a think about it and consider sticking around. Surely you must see their side of things. Then spend your cash on a Uke' and show it to us :)

Tudorp
08-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Thank You..

Edited at Tudorp's request :)

buddhuu
08-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Tony, stick around. We don't need to lose good members.

SailingUke
08-30-2012, 01:24 PM
You will be missed.
Wishing you continued recovery from your health issues.
Keep strummin', see you down the road.

ukemunga
08-30-2012, 01:31 PM
I guess I don't get it.

Don't know what prompted this. And don't need to.

But you're good peeps and that sucks.

God bless!

Tigeralum2001
08-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Tony,
I don't know if we have ever directly interacted. Hate to see you go. Take a leave for a while, if needed, but please don't quit UU.

mm stan
08-30-2012, 02:55 PM
Aloha Tony,
I hope you cooled down and rethought things....we will be sad to see you go bruddah.. Rick asked you to stay and me to:)o....I certainly hope you would man...YF Stan

Trinimon
08-30-2012, 04:50 PM
This is a sad day indeed to see a great UU member hang up his spurs and move on into the sunset. I hope you do reconsider your decision 'cause you're a wealth of info and a great contributor. If not, I do wish you all the best and hopefully see you pop by UU every so often for a cameo visit. :)

Aloha Tony.

joeybug
08-30-2012, 05:57 PM
I have no idea what's going on, all I do know is that you are a good person, Tudorp and will be greatly missed.

However, I figure you have a good reason for wanting to go and that no one will be able to convince you otherwise...

Aloha Tony and keep in touch!

devinrigg
08-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm really new here, but it seems like you were well liked around here. Best of luck to you in the future. God Bless.

mds725
08-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Hey Tony,

I'm another one of the peeps here that has no idea what happened and doesn't need to know, but I'm sad to see you go. I've always enjoyed your storytelling, your uke playing and uke wisdom, and the way you've shared with us your daughter's music journey. I hope all's well with you, that if something bad happened UU doesn't leave a bitter taste, and that you and your loved ones continue to pursue and realize your dreams. Aloha!

Kem
08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Somehow, I doubt the site will be the same without you. I'm sorry to see you go. Good luck with the Making of Tiny Ukes...

bazmaz
08-31-2012, 12:59 AM
Oh no, I missed this too. Such a shame buddy!

arpie
08-31-2012, 02:05 AM
Sorry to read this thread! Will miss our chats, Tony - check in now & then. Take care - Roberta

Tudorp
08-31-2012, 02:23 AM
Rick, your a good man brother. As all of you are, and I truly do appreciate the sentiments. I love to share parts of my life with friends, good and bad. Sometimes not everyone appreciates that, and I have to respect that. I am not giving up my account here at UU unless it is taken away (no, there has been no indication that is the case). But, I will be more a Lurker in the shadows of sorts. The last thing I ever want to do is offend, but also feel I should be comfortable to be and share me, without judgement. I am a peace keeper by nature, and feel that anyone should choose their battles. And do what it needed to keep peace. This one, I simply choose to digress on, and just walk away. I will check and read threads from time to time. This is an awesome site, with an awesome staff and people. Thanks for that. God Bless...

1931jim
08-31-2012, 02:34 AM
I am sorry to see you leave Tudorp. As others have said "Good luck" and Don't sell your toys.

mm stan
08-31-2012, 02:50 AM
Aloha Bruddah Tony,
You're a big man with a big heart, while I am happy you will still come here, I am saddened with your choice to
to not participate in the forums bruddah..I sincerely hope in time you will come back and be a part of our forums.
this place will not be the same until you return,,love you stories you share and your expertise in playing and
building ukes..but most of all your friendship and the nice talks we have..Please take care and God's Blessings.
and I hope you return to here soon bruddah....gonna miss you bruddah...maybe we will PM each other here.
and stay visable so I know when you are on..:)

roxhum
08-31-2012, 04:24 AM
I too am sorry to see you go. You have been a huge contributor to UU and this is what I know to be true about you... You are a phenomenal human being with a huge kind heart. You have an admirable love for your family and friends which you are not afraid to express. You are overcoming and living with health issues yet remain positive and engaged in your life. I admire you so very much and I should have bought that little Ohana mini uke from you when I had the chance. God Bless you and your family.

Tudorp
08-31-2012, 04:26 AM
Thanks again friends.. But I would like to make another comment concerning my decision to step back. This is not an "anger" thing. Its more of a "comfort" thing for me. It's my issue, not the sites. The site has rules for the betterment of the group as a whole. I respect that fully, and want to abide by rules if I agree with them or not. This is a private site, and owned and paid for by the staff, and it's donors. Everyone needs to respect that, and abide by rules set up whether they agree with them or not. There is no anger at all in regards to this, and no hard feelings between myself and the staff. The staff here is 2nd to none in compared to the many multitude of forums I belong to. I personally have many facetts to me. I share many passions. Some are commonly mixed, some are not. Many other passions of mine and forums supporting those wouldn't understand the Uke. And the majority in a uke community may not understand other passions. I happen to have many that cross over, and many that do not. Like I said, I am passionate about many things. Music is a HUGE passion of mine. I am on guitar forums, and they laugh at the Uke. I defend it, and have actually turned some guitarists onto Ukes as well as a real, viable instrument. I am myself on all my forums, and don't pretend to be something, or someone I am not. If there comes a time I feel I can't share things about myself that are me, it can become awkward, and uncomfortable. I am a HUGE advocate of many freedoms I served to protect. That also protects the rights of other's that I don't agree with. Not just the rights that I agree with. I hold no fault with this site, and it's staff. I FULLY understand their stance. I respect that in it's fullest. Sometimes you must stand up for your rights and fight. Other times you need to sit back and shut up. It depends on what is best for the masses, and in the interests of peace. This is one of those times. Again, everyone should learn to choose their battles, and know when it's time to get loud and fight, and also know when it's time to sit down and shut up. ;). I have a strong faith in God. I will stand on a mountain and proclaim that. But, when someone doesn't want to hear that, it's counter productive to preach. What you must do is let it be known where YOU stand, and that you are there if and when the day comes you want to hear about it. That said, this wasn't a "spiritual" thing either, that is just an example. I need to also feel comfortable in letting myself be me, just as I need to make others feel comfort in being them. I'm really not going anywhere. I am not angry in the least. I am just choosing to sit down and shut up.. ;)

God Bless

buddhuu
08-31-2012, 04:38 AM
You are a gentleman.

vanflynn
08-31-2012, 04:51 AM
Aloha Tony. Your wit and insight will be missed. I look forward to the day that you rejoin our senseless babble.

roxhum
08-31-2012, 04:53 AM
You are a gentleman.

Well said.......................

PhilUSAFRet
08-31-2012, 05:20 AM
Sorry to see you go, but your "discomfort" is the logical consequence of your anger and upset feelings, no matter how hard you try and rationalize it. Find someone you trust to confide in, understand and resolve those feelings, put them behind you, and return here where you obviously belong. "Non Illigitimus Carborundum." :2cents:

BIGDB
08-31-2012, 06:18 AM
i dont really know you or anything but ive read some of your threads and you seem like a very nice guy. Good luck. God Bless

spookefoote
08-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Tudorp. I don't have any religious beliefs and am totally baffled by it all. However, I would defend your right to believe and profess your belief to the death. Don't leave pal, I've enjoyed dipping into your life and would miss you dearly.

Manalishi
08-31-2012, 07:21 AM
Travel safely and arrive in safely my friend!
(Emotionally,that is, to where you want to be)
I too will miss your posts on here.

Tudorp
08-31-2012, 08:49 AM
To be more specific, I am also not "religious". In fact, many "churches" don't know what to do with me, lol. I have always been called a Unapologetic Christian, because I never apologize for my faith. But, "Religion" to me, is a man made institution, and used to sum up how a specific "church" interpretes the word of God, and removes and add what they see fit to put everyone in that box, and governs them by it. That to me, is "religion", and I am not any part of that. I consider myself a man of "faith", and consider myself spiritual, not religious. I judge no one. What is right for one, may, or may not be right for another. I may not agree with a person, but I do not judge them and call them wrong for it. I might explain my faith and vision, and if you choose to follow Christ as I do because it makes sense to you, you are welcome to. If not, carry on as is right for you. Come judgement day, we both will find out what is right and what is wrong from either of our points of view, and answer for it at that time. But again, I digress.. But just wanted to point that out, because I have been called religious, when that is actually farthest from the truth. I simply don't fit in that box that churches want to put ya in. ;) I just do the right thing in my mind, and try to be as I feel God would want me to be. Being a Christian by definition, try to be Christ like, even though I can never be.

As a matter of fact, how I decided to mark my body. It is me, in a nutshell.

It is my design of the Chi Rho, which is an ancient symbol for Christ. Used more often as a warrior of Christ. Can be seen on Christian warriors n their sheilds. It is the Greek P and X overlaping.

My redition being the X is comprised of the spikes used to nail Christ to the cross. Dripping in his blood that he shed for mankind. Crowned with a crown of thorns symbolizing the pain and suffering he went through for mankind. Background is the olive branch that symbolizes Peace. It stands for the Peace that I have found in Christ. Under it all, is "Unapologetic", because I will never apologize for my faith, and if I had to die or denounce it, I would choose death. This is basically my faith in Ink.

;)

I again, digress.. ;)
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff490/Tudorp/P1080326.jpg

spookefoote
08-31-2012, 10:19 AM
Nice one..........

kaizersoza
08-31-2012, 02:53 PM
you are a big feller with a big heart man, although you don't know it you have inspired me and made me a better person, your generosity and your fighting spirit will live on in me forever, i wish you well, may the force be with you