"Yes Sir, That's My Baby"

H

Hippie Dribble

1925. music Walter Donaldson; lyrics Gus Kahn.

popular standard. I played this song on a custom Bruko curly maple soprano uke. Hubert Pfieffer, the builder, tells me this is from a batch of 30 year old maple and the curl is quite incredible, though not sure it comes through on the clip. Hope you enjoy it gang and cheers for watching. This is a real fun song and nice and easy to play too. Blessings all. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ro91ndBzPM

Great song and I love the Bruko. It sings sweet!

Last edited:
Dang-a-lang! I love this one, Jon.
Please, will you start giving Skype lessons?

Yes Sir that's my baby....love that song and playing...woo hooo
thanks Stan!
Great song and I love the Bruko. It sings sweet!
cheers Jim, beautiful little uke this one for sure
that right there is some dancin music, brother Eugene...... quite infectious - and I really dig that little outro with the harmonics thrown in - pretty slick.....
thanks heaps Bill, glad you got a kick out of it brother
Very nice one !
(my next will be a Brüko custom too...)
thankyou Val, yes, a great choice for a uke...very affordable instruments and superbly crafted

Sitting here with my morning cup of coffee and loved your version. What a lovely way to start the morning!
thankyou ca, very much., Such a happy tune eh!
Brother, you are a real treasure. Thanks for this.
bless ya Jas, thankyou mate
Wonderful, fun and awesome as always
cheers pootsie
you made a simple song shine! always a treat jon!
Thankyou brother, very much
J, what you do with those chords is awesome! I just loved this! I do look forward to your videos!
Thanks Lesley!

Again, wonderful.
Thanks Steve!
Dang-a-lang! I love this one, Jon.
Please, will you start giving Skype lessons?
thanks so much Linda. Well...I'm up for it mate...just need someone to show me/tell me how to set it up. Not very computer literate, but I have noticed there is a skype 'icon' on my computer when it starts up, so it must be capable of it...there seems to be a little built in camera on the laptop...might PM you and see if you can help me get that going. Would love to help you in any way I can mate, would be a pleasure :)

Skype is really simple.
But, you know, you could just do a tutorial on youtube and it would work as well.
I'd just love to have you show me how you work out those beautiful melody/chord combinations. I'd probably fumble all over myself if I needed to replicate them in real time -- but if you took one song and broke it down for me (and your other fans), I could study it and practice it and maybe in a few months sound halfway decent -- and learn a few basic principles along the way.

I'd pay for the privilege, too.

I really enjoyed that one Jon. I was hoping to see the Martin again but that soprano sounded very nice in your capable hands.

Edit: just realized this video was posted the day before the whole Martin thing happened...

Last edited:
Top Bottom