Fascinated and still such a beginner

kamaoleBrian

Reaction score
Due to life in general, I've been away from my uke more than necessary. But after a few evenings, now, some things are coming back.

Tonight instead of reading through my favorites I started poking at some Pat Metheny songs. Sure, they're impossible for a beginner, but I just love the inverted chords and amazing things he writes. So far I've learned A7sus, F#sus7, and the B11. I can't play them up to tempo for sure, but they sound beautiful on the ukulele. My fingers ache, and I have a big grin on my face. :D Cool.

(The tunes were Praise and Minuano 6/8).

It took me a few days to get the "feel" of Aaron's Gmaj7 Gdim Am7 Adim progression on theukulelesite.com, so I think eventually the chords I learned tonight will get there, too.

Uke on, brahs.

Start playing Hawaiian songs and you'll learn a bunch of those chords quick. When I joined my uke club, it's like I had to start over again learning "basic"chords, LOL. :cool:

I just love those sus and dim chords too! I had my first uke seven years ago, learnt several songs really quickly, left the uke alone for a while, (busy life) and forgot everything again. Not properly learnt, you see...... but since I've been playing regularly, since last Christmas, the chords have stuck. And I now have 4 ukes and a banjolele!

Top Bottom