PDA

View Full Version : ALOHA 'OE in Belgium

Ken Middleton
08-31-2012, 12:24 PM
Apologies to all Hawaiians for this outrage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caq6Ds-_BSg&feature=colike

smellofstrings
08-31-2012, 01:19 PM
A very peaceful piece. Awesome outdoor sound quality!

coolkayaker1
08-31-2012, 01:46 PM
I like it. And that's all that matters.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
08-31-2012, 02:43 PM
Ken, you've got a lovely way of using arpeggiation without losing the melody. It works very well here.

Oh, and I doubt you'll find many Hawaiians willing to accept your apology---I hope most would rather thank you for sharing your love of Hawaiian music with the world.

Trinimon
08-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Luv it! Makes me wish I was back in the islands! Thanks for sharing it Ken. Aloha!

Ken Middleton
08-31-2012, 09:19 PM
A very peaceful piece. Awesome outdoor sound quality!

It was actually a very noisy place. The sound recorder was just on the bench in front of me. It is the Zoom H2n.

I like it. And that's all that matters.

Thank you for that.

Ken, you've got a lovely way of using arpeggiation without losing the melody...

I am doing a brand new workshop at the WCUF next weekend on this very technique. I would encourage anyone going to sign up for it before it is full up.

Luv it! Makes me wish I was back in the islands! Thanks for sharing it Ken. Aloha!

I have never been. I would love to attend a festival there. It is just too far. Half way round the world.

FriendlyFred
09-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Lovely version of this old tune.
You managed to play it in your own style.

bdukes
09-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Beautiful setting and performance. Thanks.

mm stan
09-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Aloha Ken,
No need to appolgise...Great job, and a nice rendition to aloha oe.....just loved it..... by the way, Your living water strings sings on my concert.....thank you so much

Ken Middleton
09-01-2012, 07:14 AM
Lovely version of this old tune.
You managed to play it in your own style.

I always try to play in my own style, Fred. I don't see much point in copying someone else.

Beautiful setting and performance. Thanks.

Thank you. I had to look carefully to find somewhere in Ghent to play. Lots of traffic and people about.

Aloha Ken,
No need to appolgise...Great job, and a nice rendition to aloha oe.....just loved it..... by the way, Your living water strings sings on my concert.....thank you so much

Hi Stan. Thanks for that. It means a lot to me. And thanks for the positive feedback on my strings.