Above and Beyond Customer Service from Andrew at Hawaii Music Supply!!!...

GKK

Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I bought a Soprano Islander uke as a birthday present for my sister in law from Hawaii Music Supply (The Ukulele Site).

When the uke arrived, it looked and played great but, when I went to put it back in the free hard foam case, I noticed the zipper was missing a tooth and would snag at one point.

Not wanting to give a broken zippered case to my sister in law, I decided to email Andrew and was preparing to ship the broken case back for another.

Andrew promptly emailed me back and said he was sending out another one which I was thrilled! When the replacement case arrived, I went to put the Soprano uke in the new case and found that the case was for a Concert sized uke.

Not, wanting HMS to send out another case, I emailed Andrew and told him thank you for the case and although it's a Concert size, I think my sister in law wouldn't mind a slightly larger case.

To my surprise, Andrew emailed me back today and said, he sent out ANOTHER Soprano case because that mistake was not acceptable and he hoped I could use the Concert case for another uke!

Andrew said, he didn't want my sister in law showing anyone the soprano uke in a concert case and thinking that's how HMS does things.

That is Customer Service at it's Finest and that is why all my Uke's will be bought from Hawaii Music Supply!!!... Thanks again, Andrew

Last edited:
I have the same sentiments towards Andrew and HMS. I bought an Acaia Ubass from Andrew. He ensured it was what he thought was the best one there, set it up, checked the intonation and sent it off. I agree My business will be thru HMS because of Andrew and the service he provided.

I guess we can say Andrew and his TheUkuleleSite crew have the Aloha Spirit.

Lovely story, GKK. I agree. Isn't it a warm feeling to find the right "fit" with a store where you just know, in your heart, that you will be doing your future business with them.

So, which concert ukulele are you getting to fit your case?

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with Andrew, Mike, HMS and the Gang...yes they are one of the best it not, the best...I am sure your sister will be estatic..Happy Strummings

Love hearing that. Thanks for sharing your story.

Fortunately for us, these stories are becoming more common about Andrew an his HMS crew. With their awesome demos, have become the "guys to beat." (or at least emulate.

Andrew and all the HMS staff that I have dealt with have been fantastic. Only online store I will buy from.

I too have had several great experiences with Andrew and HMS. Earlier this year when I stopped by the shop Andrew gave me his only Aquila Red unwound low G sample when he saw how much I liked it. There is no other shop that I would buy from either online or in person.

You can find us in Haleiwa at 11 am every day...We close at 6 except thursday when we have the Thursday concerts in the parking lot and stay open until 8pm...Sundays we close at 5:00...

Thanks Mike! I'll give you a call today (HAST) / tonight (GMT) to ask for advice on a baritone :)

HMS (theukulelesite) is truly filled with the ALOHA SPIRIT. Andrew, Mike, Jen (Andrew's partner in crime), and the rest of the crew are all top notch. They should be on every ukulele players itinerary when they visit Oahu:) They very well are the ukulele guru's of the North Shore. AUTOMATIC!

This fine institution deserves the name of "Merchant of Aloha".

+1 for sure for HMS and Andrew.

All of the HMS crew are fantastic and their customer service is second to none. I bought a ukulelsite t-shirt from them and proudly wear it everywhere. When anyone asks about a good online place to get ukes I always recommend HMS. I know there are other great online dealers out there, but HMS is the only one I have personal experience with, and the experience I have had has been so good, that I haven't had any occasion yet to pursue any other online vendor :)

You can find us in Haleiwa at 11 am every day...We close at 6 except thursday when we have the Thursday concerts in the parking lot and stay open until 8pm...Sundays we close at 5:00...

i told myself i would never post anything like this but i guess never say never..
i was hanging out with Mike and Andrew at the ukulele site in Haleiwa last week..2 older women from Australia where there late to get their ukuleles..they had got there late because they got lost on the bus routes..(took them 9 hours..wow)
they took their time to pick their ukes which i thought was very smart! 1 Koaloha soprano and 1 Kanilea tenor the women where still there until 8:30PM..now another bus ride back to Waikiki(3 hours if you catch the right bus,,ha ha)

Mike gave the 2 women a ride back to Waikiki..which is kind of out of the way for him..i read about how nice these guys are all the time..But when you see with your own eyes got to say something..i tell you Mike and Andrew are very helpful and lots of knowledge cant go wrong with them.. ..Aloha

Last edited:
Top Bottom