29th Season of the Ukulele

29moons

Reaction score
The winners have been posted!

It’s a numbers game.

This Weeks Theme
Uke By Numbers 1, 2, 3…

Since it’s week 29 and I am 29moons I decided that this week’s theme should be all about numbers. Just make sure that your song has something to do with numbers. It could be a song about numbers, a song with a number in it or by a band or a person with a number in the name. It’s pretty simple.

PARAMETERS
It must be a new video!!
The Ukulele must be the main instrument
Mention somewhere in the video that it’s Week 29
Post your videos in this thread
Your first video post is you official entry
BONUS SONGS are welcome
Duplicates are also welcome*

*We have all worked hard on a song all week only to have someone post the same song (either official or as a bonus) and felt discouraged. Please don't feel that way. Please post it anyway. I love seeing different versions of the same song.

JUDGING CRITERIA
I just want everyone to have fun, including me. I will judge on what makes me go wow!

Remember, this is a ukulele contest, not a singing contest. Have fun and sing like no one is listening.

Points will be awarded for your awesomeness. What does that even mean? I don’t know, I’m just gonna go with my gut.

So, points are moot! Or is that moot points? I don’t know that either.

** BONUS ACTIVITY **
The first person that can private message me with the correct meaning of my username will be awarded a small bonus gift. I will share the answer at the end of the week and announce the winner of the bonus then . (only one bonus gift will be awarded)
Any answers posted on the thread I will ask the poster to remove.

After a suggestion from wee_ginga_yin and discussing with Ukuloonie it has been decided that BONUS songs with a moon theme would be fun to do. In celebration of the Blue Moon and the life of Neil Armstrong who passed away recently.

JUDGING
I will pick my 3 favorites from the weeks entries based on their awesomeness.

PRIZES
To be announced – in other words, I am still looking.

This contest is not sponsored by UU.

DEADLINE:
12:17 PM HAWAII TIME, SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 9th

Last edited:
And I thought I was getting a jump on the season by practicing a moon song lol! Alright- time to regroup and find a number song...

sometimes you just have to get it or your system...
for what it is worth:

Top 10-4:

so.....if it mentions a number in the song...will that qualify? just nit pickin' ! i have a song that i've been hesitating to do for a while, but this might give me the push...

Taken from the rules at the top of the page

'a song with a number in it'

yep Looks like it sillydave.

It didn't mention one take so I thought maybe people may do a multitracking video?

Last edited:
Yep! Sillydave, that totally qualifies.

Thanks Ukuloonie for the clarification.

so.....if it mentions a number in the song...will that qualify? just nit pickin' ! i have a song that i've been hesitating to do for a while, but this might give me the push...

Taken from the rules at the top of the page

'a song with a number in it'

yep Looks like it sillydave.

It didn't mention one take so I thought maybe people may do a multitracking video?

if i could ever figure out multi...i would just sound multi goofier! just want to sound singularly silly as i am...with fun hats...thanks loonie!

sometimes you just have to get it or your system...
for what it is worth:

Top 3:

Such an awesome first entry. Seriously, it so fits the entire theme. A top 10 with each song corresponding to it's number on the list. I find it fitting that the the person who started the seasons started my week. Thanks so much, I appreciate it and love what you did with my idea.

So really...first vid is our entry? Because i have a pile of tracks sitting here while I wait for my wife to figure the one we will enter.

I know that it's tough but that was one of the early rules in the original six weeks. As my Dad would say, "It's a thinker."

Perhaps you should do "Seven Bridges Road" by the Eagles?

What would the Dude do? :rulez:

So really...first vid is our entry? Because i have a pile of tracks sitting here while I wait for my wife to figure the one we will enter.

And I thought I was getting a jump on the season by practicing a moon song lol! Alright- time to regroup and find a number song...

Over on the dark side (Ukulele Cosmos) when Neil Armstrong died they thought to do
"moon" songs as a remembrance for the monthly invitational... there is a whole bunch
of good moon songs, and at the moment there is a full moon in the sky.
I think a moon season at some time would be a great idea.

I'm out of the seasons for a while, I've got to go bike around Ireland. Have a fabulous week, knock 'em dead, break legs, etc etc. See you in October!

Enjoy your bike ride and the beautiful sites of Ireland. Your entry will be missed.

I'm out of the seasons for a while, I've got to go bike around Ireland. Have a fabulous week, knock 'em dead, break legs, etc etc. See you in October!

Last edited:
I know that it's tough but that was one of the early rules in the original six weeks. As my Dad would say, "It's a thinker."

Perhaps you should do "Seven Bridges Road" by the Eagles?

What would the Dude do? :rulez:
Naw- No Eagles from this camp...I am working on Glenn Fry's entire solo career as covers on the Uke. The heat is on :p

Top Bottom