Banjolele banjo uke question

Chrisinfp

Reaction score
I have a simple questiOn. Other than sound/ appearance- is the banjolele the same in regards to chords and string feel as the uke? If I pick up a banjolele will I be able to play at the same ability level as I play w the uke?

Hi Chrisinfp

Welcome to UU.
A banjo uke is just like a normal ukulele, but with a different sound box. You will be able to play as you normally do. Strings should feel the same as what you're used to.

–Lori

Yupper. I mean, the neck may be a little different, as many uke brands are slightly different from each other, and if it has a wound C that feels a bit odd. The main thing is just getting used to how heavy and loud it is! :) Have fun!!!

Yes, chords and strings feel just the same - and it's very common not to use a wound C.... but the instrument is heavier - some banjo ukes are VERY heavy, it all depends on the make - and the sound is TOTALLY different!

Same, but I find what are generally considered to be banjo strumming techniques are easier on my banjo uke than on a regular one, and I also find it easier to play with a strap, which I do no use on my regular ukes....at least not yet.

Top Bottom