Kaohana or Ka'ohana hawaiian ukulele, who know it???

scatcat

Reaction score
Hallo, i call from italy and i'm waiting this tenor ukulele.
I know is a hand made ukulele from hawaii and in all solid koa, but i don't know nothing more. Can someone who live in hawaii tell me more about this ukulele brand?
Thank you very much, when i recive the ukulele, i'll post a rewiew.
Ciao from italy.....sorry for my bad english!:eek:
Denis

The ukulele is fantastic and have a great sound! But i don't know what string have: G E A black nylon, C yellow fluorocarbon???
Someone know the brand of the string?
The ukulele is at my lutist for repair a crack......after i'll made a review.
Ciao

Are you still pleased with your purchase?

I am curious if you are still happy with your purchase? Were they good to work with? Do you have any pictures?

The ukulele is fantastic, great sound and a wide freatboard. have a fantastic sustain and the handmade finiture is very beautiful.
A question: were you find the ukulele? i've buy it used and cracked in hawaii but i can't fint the ukulele in a shop online.
Ciao

Haven't bought it yet...

Haven't bought one yet, but am on the hunt for one. Thank you!

Hunt is over. My Ka'Ohana 6 string arrived today.

Kaohana1 (1280x956).jpg Kaohana2 (1280x956).jpg Kaohana3 (1280x956).jpg

My new Ka'Ohana arrived today. What a wonderful instrument. Thanks Zachary!!

Last edited:
Guys. I have a story to tell you!

So I was in Hawaii (Oahu) this last week on Business. I always wanted a REAL HAWAIIAN hand built Uke, but the Kamakas and the KaAlohas were just a "bit" out of my price range. I went to all the shops I could find, and didn't find anything special...

The last night of my trip, I decided to look on Craigslist. I am looking through it, and I see an add for "Handmade Hawaiian Ukuleles", the brand is Ka'Ohana. I had never heard anything about them before. Never even seen them online or in any store. So I begin to do some homework. On UkuleleHunt they have some reviews that all sound just too good to be true.

But it is my last chance to maybe leave the island with my handmade uke. So I give Bruddah Zach a call. Turns out this guy is legit. Makes these extremely finely crafted instruments from his home. The dedication he puts into his craft is apparent from the moment you pick it up. I haven't had it for even an entire week, and I can't put it down.

After playing a dozen Kamakas and KaAlohas while on the Island... I can say that this instrument is just as good (if not better) than those world class products. Bruddah Zach could sell them for twice the price and they would still be the best value of any Uke on the market today.

Be on the lookout for a Ka'Ohana website that Bruddah Zach is working on for more information. Trust me. You want one of these. I'll post pics and possibly even a sound test soon... keep your eyes open. And if you are on the Island, please check out Craigslist, it is possibly the ONLY way you will find one of these.

You can email him at ohanawoodcraft@msn.com for more information... He can tell you what he has currently in stock.

Mahalo!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Haven't bought one yet, but am on the hunt for one. Thank you!

You still looking for one of these?

Short story long, I found this website after my parents went to the Aloha swap meet at the stadium (on Oahu). I've lived here for 3 years, and wasn't really interested in getting an uke, but I'm seriously looking at one now. So anyways, like I was rambling on, my parents met Zachary Castro today, and they snapped a pic of some ukes they had. I live a block away, and can just drive over there to get one. Shipping is horrible in Hawaii, but I can do my best if you really want one. I know the internet is a terrible place to trust someone, but I can assure you, I'm legit. If if makes you (or anyone else) feel any better, I would never do anything scammy; one, it's just plain wrong, and two, I don't do anything to lose my TS (clearance).

Anyway, I just signed up for this website, so I'm not sure how the reply/message system works, but I'll check back every so often (before I PCS out of here).
Thanks!

20160201_163116[1].jpg20160201_163150[1].jpg20160201_163219[1].jpg20160201_163131[1].jpg
You still looking for one of these?

Short story long, I found this website after my parents went to the Aloha swap meet at the stadium (on Oahu). I've lived here for 3 years, and wasn't really interested in getting an uke, but I'm seriously looking at one now. So anyways, like I was rambling on, my parents met Zachary Castro today, and they snapped a pic of some ukes they had. I live a block away, and can just drive over there to get one. Shipping is horrible in Hawaii, but I can do my best if you really want one. I know the internet is a terrible place to trust someone, but I can assure you, I'm legit. If if makes you (or anyone else) feel any better, I would never do anything scammy; one, it's just plain wrong, and two, I don't do anything to lose my TS (clearance).

Anyway, I just signed up for this website, so I'm not sure how the reply/message system works, but I'll check back every so often (before I PCS out of here).
Thanks!

***UPDATE***
I purchased one of the Ukuleles from Zach, and had a custom laser engraved image.

Top Bottom