What The World Needs Now Is Love - Solo Uke - Gerald Ross

Gerald Ross

Reaction score
A tribute to lyricist Hal David who passed away yesterday.

Lazy Sunday - I arranged this tune this morning and recorded it. As always, I'm a sucker for a nice waltz. Solo ukulele.

http://www.geraldross.com/listen.htm

Gerald, your swing lessons #1-#3 really was a breakthrough for me on closed chords for the ukulele. I watched them a couple week ago and am still practicing them. Thank you very, very much.

You should make a video of your Hal and Burt interpretation: it's out of this world. Burt's stuff (I don;t know how much of it he wrote with Hal) would be ideal for your ukulele, Walk on By, Do you KNow the Way to San Jose, etc. The Dionne stuff. lol

Aloha Gerald,
NOw that was so cool sounding....loved it....RIP Hal....thank you for all your contributions to the music world....

@smellofstrings...

Regarding the "plug in sound" of my uke. This tune was recorded with my uke plugged directly into my computer and ProTools software. My music studio is very noisy. If I were to record with a microphone I would have to spend a great deal of time removing the sound of the air in the room, the sound of water rushing through the pipes in my house and the sound of people walking, slamming doors, phones ringing etc. Recording "direct" saves me a lot of time. I wish I could record with a microphone and I do have some very nice mics, but I can only do that occasionally.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

Top Bottom