Soprano Ukulele "twins" by David Newton: $450. ea.

David Newton

Reaction score
The one with the light-colored ring is sold, Thanks!

Here are a pair of "old style" Soprano ukuleles that have just been completed in my shop.
All-Mahogany, nice ribbon grain, one-piece tops & backs, built very light & resonant, with Ebony violin pegs for tuners, & Brazilian Rosewood bridge.
If the violin tuners put you off, you may substitute Grover Deluxe Sta-tite tuners for $30 extra.

They are almost identical, except for their sound-hole rings.
All hide-glue construction, just like the early ukes in Hawaii, they are "flush fretboard".
They have Aquila "Nyl-gut" strings, and sound very "ukey", mellow & loud at the same time.
I have a sound file I can send you if you would like to hear one of them.

Your pleasure is guaranteed!
No case included, one may be supplied, extra.
$450. each, plus shipping (about $40), USA only.

twins%203.JPG

twins%204.JPG

uke%208%2010%2012%207.jpg

uke%208%2010%2012%206b.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All what a steal, nobody makes them better, I have his Concert version in all mahogany, I changed the tuners to geared tuners. The sound is right up there a hair away from my Santa Cruz Concert , that Frankie now has. Dollor for dollar you will not get a better made or sounding uke. I have attached some pics of my concert, not for sale, for your info.
Regards Bob
DNLongPic.jpgDNSides.jpgDNBack.jpg

Attachments

• DNBack.jpg
    DNBack.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the nice boost Bob!
I love violin pegs, I would have them on my guitars if they would work, but it looks like I'm in the minority there.
I will be glad to mount any tuner the customer wants, and only charge the cost of the tuner, on these two ukes.

I remember those pics.
I'm not doing the X bracing now, just straight bracing, but there is some positive aspects of the X.

I've got one of David's ukes just like these. It is an incredibly light and responsive instrument with excellent tone.
BTW the old school friction tuners work great, no trouble to tune and look good.

I've got a short sound sample of mine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom