PDA

View Full Version : Stand By Me

UkeyDave
09-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Here is my multi track version of this classic. I was inspired to record this after seeing a brilliant version on Youtube by Ukecandoitman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wfyb0EUXZ8

Also check out the Ukecandoitman version here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCmMQznF7I0)

v30
09-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Brilliant also!

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
09-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Sweet version. Very cool percussion.

Trinimon
09-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Awesome rendition! Thanks for sharing!

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
geez dave this is GREAT!!!!! I'm with Ralf, the use of percussion was pure awesomeness.

23skidoo
09-04-2012, 03:27 AM
nice one, Dave! The recording sounds great, really nice use of the multitrack.....

UkeyDave
09-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Thanks for your kind comments folks.

TCK
09-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Dave, the percussion here is incredible...what a great video, and that lil' egg shaker just sends it mate ;)

Joko
09-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Very well done! Loved it.

Despite investing in an expensive USB microphone and headphones, I still can't seem to the be able to reliably master the multi-tracking timing in my vids. Yours was perfect. Any hints for how to perfect the syncopation?

UkeyDave
09-05-2012, 01:13 AM
Very well done! Loved it.

Despite investing in an expensive USB microphone and headphones, I still can't seem to the be able to reliably master the multi-tracking timing in my vids. Yours was perfect. Any hints for how to perfect the syncopation?

In answer to your question Joko, I have a Macbook so use the built in garageband and iMovie. My method sometimes varies. In this particular one I recorded the sound for each section on garageband and then exported to iTunes. This allowed me to play it and mime to the music for the video section. The syncopation is a real pain in the backside to get right and takes a lot of replaying and tweaking. When I have the movie I import the garageband soundtrack into iMovie and then tweak and adjust until I get it spot on. Its a trial and error thing and I haven't managed to get an easy way of doing it yet. It helps if when you make the movie you sing along and then you can syncopate that to your already recorded soundtrack and then once it matches exactly then I mute the movie track and bingo. It can be VERY tedious and irritating but worth the end result (I think).
If anyone has a simpler system I'd love to hear it.