Hudson Ukulele

pryce4267

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has tried a Hudson tenor aloha series uk. I ve just started the uk and find the action harder than my ohana concert. Will other makes perhaps have a lower action.:biglaugh:

I've tried a couple of them in the context of work (I had the Maple and Spruce concert, and the all Mahogany one with the cutaway and pickup in to review for the magazine I work for). Didn't find either of them particularly taxing action wise.

I've tried a couple of them in the context of work (I had the Maple and Spruce concert, and the all Mahogany one with the cutaway and pickup in to review for the magazine I work for). Didn't find either of them particularly taxing action wise.

DO you think aquillqa strings would improve sound?

As far as your action goes some Uke makers feel it is easier for the buyer to lower the action than raise it.

If you think yours is to high go back to where you got it and have them lower it for you. If you got it online find a local Acoustic Guitar shop (seems they are more helpful than the Electric guys) and have them help you lowering your Ukulele's action.

More than likely new strings won't help and you my find a new Uke is just as high action I know my new Pono's action is painfully high.

Some Ukes sound better with Aquilla's and some folks don't like them at all the only way to find out is to try them....

DO you think aquillqa strings would improve sound?

I do. The ones I had came with those not-so-wonderful black nylon strings. I liked the Ukes overall, but not those strings.

Top Bottom