Listen to the Radio

v30

Reaction score
Any Don Williams fans here? Really enjoy his music and just love his voice. Got to thinking about some of his songs and figured there must be something of his that I can do on the uke even with my very limited skills. Here's the result:

wow brother, what a beautiful, rich voice. Great clip, framed so sweetly, and played with feeling and great sensitivity. This is just lovely mate. You have a new subscriber too... :)

wow brother, what a beautiful, rich voice. Great clip, framed so sweetly, and played with feeling and great sensitivity. This is just lovely mate. You have a new subscriber too... :)

Thank you Sir! If I could develop a tenth of the talent you have, I'd be happy.

I'm with Jon, man - what a great voice.... just right with the picking, just a wonderful cover..... ever take a stab at any Lefty Frizzell or George Strait?

Thank you 23skidoo. I'm a big fan of your videos. Great vocals and multiple instruments....really excellent stuff you do.
No I haven't tried any of their stuff but I'll do a scan and see what I can find for chords. Pretty limited as to what I can play at this point though.

Thank you 23skidoo. I'm a big fan of your videos. Great vocals and multiple instruments....really excellent stuff you do.
No I haven't tried any of their stuff but I'll do a scan and see what I can find for chords. Pretty limited as to what I can play at this point though.

thanks, man - glad you enjoy them... but if I could sing as well as you, I'd pick up and move to Nashville tomorrow.... or at least Branson.....:D

Check out 'Long Black Veil' by Lefty..... a sad ballad, but only three chords - and you'd knock it out of the park.....

thanks, man - glad you enjoy them... but if I could sing as well as you, I'd pick up and move to Nashville tomorrow.... or at least Branson.....:D

Check out 'Long Black Veil' by Lefty..... a sad ballad, but only three chords - and you'd knock it out of the park.....

I'll check it out.....thanks!

Holy crap man...
I was immediately transported to the back of my moms red on red LTD, the place where Mr. Radio personality cut his teeth, and where mom would play that old Don Williams tape over and over.
Man have you got some power in that voice. You ever pass through Cloverdale California, I know another country Ukulele boy who would love the chance to play with you- great video!
And I second what Mr. Skiddoo said...can I please flood you with Lefty Frizzell?

Wow... Soulful. Rich. Precise. Very well done.

Holy crap man...
I was immediately transported to the back of my moms red on red LTD, the place where Mr. Radio personality cut his teeth, and where mom would play that old Don Williams tape over and over.
Man have you got some power in that voice. You ever pass through Cloverdale California, I know another country Ukulele boy who would love the chance to play with you- great video!
And I second what Mr. Skiddoo said...can I please flood you with Lefty Frizzell?

Wow, you guys are putting a big old smile on this face. I don't consider myself much of a singer. I'm sure I'll crucify the next one.
Yeah its too bad I'm not closer, that would be a blast. I don't know any ukulele players in this area. I will look into Lefty Frizzell.
Thank you very much for the encouragement!

Top Bottom