It's payback time!!! The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because...

H

Hippie Dribble

Hey fellow UUers, I have been so blessed by so many in this wonderful forum since I joined and I figure it's time to share some of the love with y'all and keep the spirit of aloha alive. So the point of this is pretty simple...

Post a response to the thread and finish this sentence:

"THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE..."

after a week I will put all responders names into a beanie and draw one out. The person will receive a new Ohana SK21 Sopranino Ukulele from me. Doesn't matter where you live, Ohio, Sussex, Kalamazoo, Timbuktu, the instrument will be shipped to you along with a few extra goodies...

So let's get to it gang, and show our love and appreciation for each other and the guys who run the site!!!

(PS: if you don't really need another uke and would prefer your name not to be in the draw, just say so in your post, so someone that could really use it may have a better chance to get picked :))

Many blessings all!!! :)

Last edited:
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because we get to "meet" wonderful people like Eugene Ukulele!!

Kathryn

The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because we get to "meet" wonderful people like Eugene Ukulele!!

Kathryn
aaaaaand, we have a winner!!!! ha ha just jokes...thanks Kat, you too mate he he :)

" Because I have learned so many things here, ukulele and non ukulele..and made alot of friends here from all over the globe".

* Please omit me from the hat drawing so that someone who really needs one may have a better chance....
*Aloha Bruddah, Thank you for being you...and making UU my best place to be....weeeeee!!!!!

... while a lot of the Internet can be a black hole for kindness and consideration for other, UU embraces it across the globe. (besides, they got lots of cool Ukes there!)

Ps. I'll pass on the drawing. Many more deserving folk out there

" Because I have learned so many things here, ukulele and non ukulele..and made alot of friends here from all over the globe".
* Please omit me from the hat drawing so that someone who really needs one may have a better chance....
*Aloha Bruddah, Thank you for being you...and making UU my best place to be....weeeeee!!!!!

... while a lot of the Internet can be a black hole for kindness and consideration for other, UU embraces it across the globe. (besides, they got lots of cool Ukes there!)
Ps. I'll pass on the drawing. Many more deserving folk out there

yes Stan and Jim, so true. People are so considerate and inclusive here and so willing to help us all learn through encouraging and sharing knowledge about many things. It feels weird that we are accused of being 'fake nice'...I just don't get that at all. It's not my experience, there's nothing fake about this Martin ukulele that is in my hands at the moment. This place is the best. And thankyou both for your grace in opting out of the draw so that others may stand an opportunity to be drawn in your place. Many blessings to you both. :)

there's a warmth here that does not exist on other forums......plus some great music and talent as well.

THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE... most people "get it" and drop right into the cool and friendly mood. A far cry from most other forums (including others I mod on) where conflict is the norm. I'll take this place any time.

Please leave me out of the draw, bro. :)

The UU is the best place to hang around on the internet because It's where people of similar interest gather to discuss the possible conquering of the world by ukuleles....heh.

P.S remove my name from the beanie, I have one and that's all I need!

I have made "friends" without needing to ADD, CONFIRM, UNFRIEND or otherwise interact with them in a painfully 21st century way.

I will add my name to the draw, but will give any winnings to a student of mine.

UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because it is better than a happy place.

... because whether it's giving playing tips, sharing shopping advice, giving video feedback, or simply enjoying a ukulele conversation, members of the UU community are friendly, thoughtful, considerate, and respectful.

The UU crew and the mods can't be thanked enough for providing this venue/resource for all ukulele players to enjoy. Mahalo, merci, obrigato, gracias, thank you, arigatou gozaimasu! Let's keep it great, everyone!

@eugene ukulele --- Great thread! And you've convinced me to stay in the hat. I know more than a couple folks who'd love a little tiny uke.

Last edited:
because.... the people on here have inspired me, taught me, helped me with my confidence, made me feel a part of something that is special, i have made so many friends on here that i regard as lifelong friends, we have laughed together, cried together and played together, what more can you ask of a web site

you can leave me out of the draw as well Jon, really nice thought though m8

The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because... this forum has the nicest people on the planet. Everyone's supportive and friendly, plus we share the common love for music and this great happy little instrument.

P.S. I'll keep my name in the hat, but if I win it will go a very deserving little girl I know who loves my uke and needs one of her own!

Inspiring, uplifting, friendly people and a place I have made some good friends.

Put my name in the hat, but if mine is drawn, you choose a kid of your choice that does not have one, between the age of 10-16 and gift that uke to them with all of our blessings brother.

The people here are so supportive and encouraging and the Season of the Ukulele series is absolutely amazing!

thanks for your lovely sentences everyone. warms me ol' heart.

Just occurred to me that there's perhaps no need for y'all to opt out of the draw, as Nat and John said, we all must know of someone whom we can pass the uke on to if we don't necessarily need it ourselves...yeah? So those of you who have opted out please reconsider in the light of this and edit your original post if you wish. Cheers gang...keep these lovely posts coming...

I love it here. It's like dessert after a nice meal. It is so casual, yet so informative. You can ask ANY question and shortly you will have an answer or answers to your question. Everyone here is so personable that it makes it feel like one big family. Let's all hold hands and give thanks for what we receive each and every day. Aloha.

Ukulele Underground is part of my life now really, a place where you know that people will be open and non judgemental, It's a good place to be.
I'm still amazed that I can be part of this forum as it has so many people from all walks of life and from all over the world who enjoy music,
wether they have just started or have been on the journey of playing an instrument a little bit longer.

Last edited:
Top Bottom