PDA

View Full Version : It's payback time!!! The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because...

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey fellow UUers, I have been so blessed by so many in this wonderful forum since I joined and I figure it's time to share some of the love with y'all and keep the spirit of aloha alive. So the point of this is pretty simple...

Post a response to the thread and finish this sentence:

"THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE..."

after a week I will put all responders names into a beanie and draw one out. The person will receive a new Ohana SK21 Sopranino Ukulele from me. Doesn't matter where you live, Ohio, Sussex, Kalamazoo, Timbuktu, the instrument will be shipped to you along with a few extra goodies...

So let's get to it gang, and show our love and appreciation for each other and the guys who run the site!!!

(PS: if you don't really need another uke and would prefer your name not to be in the draw, just say so in your post, so someone that could really use it may have a better chance to get picked :))

Many blessings all!!! :)

kvehe
09-03-2012, 11:07 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because we get to "meet" wonderful people like Eugene Ukulele!!

Kathryn

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2012, 11:09 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because we get to "meet" wonderful people like Eugene Ukulele!!

Kathryn
aaaaaand, we have a winner!!!! ha ha just jokes...thanks Kat, you too mate he he :)

mm stan
09-03-2012, 11:20 AM
" Because I have learned so many things here, ukulele and non ukulele..and made alot of friends here from all over the globe".

* Please omit me from the hat drawing so that someone who really needs one may have a better chance....
*Aloha Bruddah, Thank you for being you...and making UU my best place to be....weeeeee!!!!!

vanflynn
09-03-2012, 11:28 AM
... while a lot of the Internet can be a black hole for kindness and consideration for other, UU embraces it across the globe. (besides, they got lots of cool Ukes there!)

Ps. I'll pass on the drawing. Many more deserving folk out there

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2012, 11:32 AM
" Because I have learned so many things here, ukulele and non ukulele..and made alot of friends here from all over the globe".
* Please omit me from the hat drawing so that someone who really needs one may have a better chance....
*Aloha Bruddah, Thank you for being you...and making UU my best place to be....weeeeee!!!!!

... while a lot of the Internet can be a black hole for kindness and consideration for other, UU embraces it across the globe. (besides, they got lots of cool Ukes there!)
Ps. I'll pass on the drawing. Many more deserving folk out there

yes Stan and Jim, so true. People are so considerate and inclusive here and so willing to help us all learn through encouraging and sharing knowledge about many things. It feels weird that we are accused of being 'fake nice'...I just don't get that at all. It's not my experience, there's nothing fake about this Martin ukulele that is in my hands at the moment. This place is the best. And thankyou both for your grace in opting out of the draw so that others may stand an opportunity to be drawn in your place. Many blessings to you both. :)

v30
09-03-2012, 11:37 AM
there's a warmth here that does not exist on other forums......plus some great music and talent as well.

buddhuu
09-03-2012, 11:38 AM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE... most people "get it" and drop right into the cool and friendly mood. A far cry from most other forums (including others I mod on) where conflict is the norm. I'll take this place any time.

Please leave me out of the draw, bro. :)

Lexxy
The UU is the best place to hang around on the internet because It's where people of similar interest gather to discuss the possible conquering of the world by ukuleles....heh.

P.S remove my name from the beanie, I have one and that's all I need!

pulelehua
I have made "friends" without needing to ADD, CONFIRM, UNFRIEND or otherwise interact with them in a painfully 21st century way.

I will add my name to the draw, but will give any winnings to a student of mine.

haolejohn
09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because it is better than a happy place.

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
09-03-2012, 11:49 AM
... because whether it's giving playing tips, sharing shopping advice, giving video feedback, or simply enjoying a ukulele conversation, members of the UU community are friendly, thoughtful, considerate, and respectful.

The UU crew and the mods can't be thanked enough for providing this venue/resource for all ukulele players to enjoy. Mahalo, merci, obrigato, gracias, thank you, arigatou gozaimasu! Let's keep it great, everyone!

@eugene ukulele --- Great thread! And you've convinced me to stay in the hat. I know more than a couple folks who'd love a little tiny uke.

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2012, 11:50 AM
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because it is better than a happy place.

anything like this place John? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRwsTyUPIYE&feature=related

kaizersoza
09-03-2012, 11:54 AM
because.... the people on here have inspired me, taught me, helped me with my confidence, made me feel a part of something that is special, i have made so many friends on here that i regard as lifelong friends, we have laughed together, cried together and played together, what more can you ask of a web site

you can leave me out of the draw as well Jon, really nice thought though m8

NatalieS
09-03-2012, 11:55 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because... this forum has the nicest people on the planet. Everyone's supportive and friendly, plus we share the common love for music and this great happy little instrument.

P.S. I'll keep my name in the hat, but if I win it will go a very deserving little girl I know who loves my uke and needs one of her own!

Tudorp
09-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Inspiring, uplifting, friendly people and a place I have made some good friends.

Put my name in the hat, but if mine is drawn, you choose a kid of your choice that does not have one, between the age of 10-16 and gift that uke to them with all of our blessings brother.

Lideruke
09-03-2012, 11:58 AM
The people here are so supportive and encouraging and the Season of the Ukulele series is absolutely amazing!

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2012, 11:59 AM
thanks for your lovely sentences everyone. warms me ol' heart.

Just occurred to me that there's perhaps no need for y'all to opt out of the draw, as Nat and John said, we all must know of someone whom we can pass the uke on to if we don't necessarily need it ourselves...yeah? So those of you who have opted out please reconsider in the light of this and edit your original post if you wish. Cheers gang...keep these lovely posts coming...

mangorockfish
09-03-2012, 12:03 PM
I love it here. It's like dessert after a nice meal. It is so casual, yet so informative. You can ask ANY question and shortly you will have an answer or answers to your question. Everyone here is so personable that it makes it feel like one big family. Let's all hold hands and give thanks for what we receive each and every day. Aloha.

ukuloonie
09-03-2012, 12:17 PM
Ukulele Underground is part of my life now really, a place where you know that people will be open and non judgemental, It's a good place to be.
I'm still amazed that I can be part of this forum as it has so many people from all walks of life and from all over the world who enjoy music,
wether they have just started or have been on the journey of playing an instrument a little bit longer.

mo9090x
09-03-2012, 12:30 PM
...because with your love for the ukulele you instantly have a family that is loving and welcoming here at UU.

ksiegel
09-03-2012, 12:35 PM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because I have formed lasting friendships, become a better musician, have had the opportunity to see the best in people, and have regained enough confidence to perform in front of others after 20+ years of never letting anyone else hear me play anything.

(Because of UU, I found out about a local Uke club, gained a Good Friend (And her family) who lives nearby, AND my wife gained knitting partners, which also led me into fiber arts, and other friendships that also embrace music and knitting/spinning.)

I guess it all comes down to: The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because I have a Life again!

-Kurt

luluwrites
09-03-2012, 12:47 PM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because no place else offers the same magical combination of information, inspiration, and flat-out joy. I love it here and I am very grateful to have found you all.

(No need to put my name in the hat, Jon, but couldn't resist the opportunity to chime in with my thanks.)

Mim
09-03-2012, 01:00 PM
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because yall will never know how much your love, friendship, support, help, kind words, just all-around awesomeness has not only blessed me as a person (with the best friends I have EVER had)... but... also helped me to be where I am now. I am not being overly dramatic when I say, I dont know where my life would be without UU. It is a long story but I owe so many good things in my life to UU!

Opt Out: I have ukes coming out of my ears and also many opportunities to give. I would love to see someone else have that opportunity.

Dwjkerr
09-03-2012, 01:11 PM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because...it's comfortable.

Should lightening strike and I win, give it to some deserving local.

BIGDB
09-03-2012, 01:25 PM
its the best place cause theres so much people that know lots about ukulele and are very nice

mds725
09-03-2012, 01:28 PM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because the people I've met here remind me every day what a blessing it is to find warm-hearted people in the world and to be able to visit with them even though they're so many miles (or kilometers) away.

Jon, please put my hat in the beanie, but if I win I'd like you to find someone in your neck of the woods to whom to gift the sopranino. Thanks!

nscafe
09-03-2012, 01:35 PM
UU is the best place to hang out on the Internet because it's the only place I've found where everyone shares my obsession!

Hello, my name is Nate and I'm addicted to the ukulele...

:)

connor013
09-03-2012, 01:39 PM
... I learn something new every day. (And most days the best things I learn here have nothing to do with the uke.)

A quick shout-out to mds -- 4000 posts! That's awesome.

And if I'm drawn, keep it local, Jon. Cheers on a great thread.

Lalz
09-03-2012, 01:52 PM
Solid wood Kalas and set-ups on Dolphins,
Bright K-Brand pineapples and mahog Martins,
Vintage soprano ukes waiting for strings,
These are a few of my favourite things...

...Because...

When the string pops, when the wood cracks,
when UAS strikes,
I simply remember my favourite forum,
and then I just feel so glad!

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Solid wood Kalas and set-ups on Dolphins,
Bright K-Brand pineapples and mahog Martins,
Vintage soprano ukes waiting for strings,
These are a few of my favourite things...

...Because...

When the string pops, when the wood cracks,
when UAS strikes,
I simply remember my favourite forum,
and then I just feel so glad!
alright!!! almost worthy of getting your name in twice for that one Lalou he he...lovely!!!!! :)

Captain_Lovehandles
09-03-2012, 02:09 PM
Because our heroes are here, our friends are here, the Southeast Ukers started here... uwc too... uke players united to decrease world suck... our favorite dealers are here... the best tabs and information.........

Steedy
09-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Because of the Aloha Spirit!

GinnyT11
09-03-2012, 02:36 PM
...there's so much information and help here! You can have all your uke questions answered, and in a friendly way.

Plus, you can show a new acquisition without showing off. There's interest and applause, not resentment.

And you can develop friendships that become important to you, however far away the friend.

There's psychic reward in seeing the wide spectrum of talent and ability---there are always players better than you, and always players who want to play as well as you. That means that you're doing just fine...right at this very moment!

(If I win, I'd like to give it to Strumsilly's granddaughter Frankie, who sang Numbers Rhumba with him. Or give it to a young musician in Tasmania.)

sillymonky
09-03-2012, 02:46 PM
The UU opens up and introduces you to an accessible musical world that you didn't know existed.

Mandalyn
09-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Because of all the knowledge people share.

BassGuyukin'
09-03-2012, 03:02 PM

It reminds me of the people, places and music I meet, visit and hear in Hawaii!

thiam
09-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Here is the place where we, ukelovers, live and learn....

Freeda
09-03-2012, 03:11 PM
I don't need another uke, but
there's so much impetus to learn and grow and share.

hibiscus
09-03-2012, 03:15 PM
. . .it's friendly, comfortable. . . informative. . . and everyone seems to love playing the ukulele as much as i do. Thank you, thank you, thank you. . .

itsme
09-03-2012, 03:24 PM
I love the fact that it's such a friendly atmosphere. Like buddhuu, I also admin/mod another place that can get rather contentious. I like that I can come here and kick off my mod shoes and enjoy the civility.

Like others have said, if I should win, please donate the uke to a deserving local and save yourself the shipping cost. I don't "need" another uke, and sopranino is not my style, I'm more of a tenor gal. :)

ukuleledaveey
09-03-2012, 03:27 PM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE...I have had the pleasure to have support,guidance,advice,encouragement and belief that i can actually achieve something in my life and face my low confidence issues, all blessed by the wonderful people that frequent the BEST ukulele site in the world. And had the pleasure to chat with some truly wonderful musicians and just wonderful people with the biggest hearts and smallest egos.Thank you one and all and Jon your a legend mate a true inspiration like many others on here.

I would like my name to go into the hat as i never win anything lol so thee is no chance i will win ,as my dear dad used to say to me " If i fell in a barrel of boobies, i would come out sucking my thumb!!!!! "

Hippie Dribble
09-03-2012, 03:31 PM
" If i fell in a barrel of boobies, i would come out sucking my thumb!!!!! "

QUOTE OF THE YEAR. :biglaugh:

AKuker
09-03-2012, 03:38 PM
It's ohana. My ukulele family. Where else can you find the sharing and support that you find here? Good thread Jon.

Canoe Lady
09-03-2012, 03:43 PM
Because it allows me learn, grow, share, and be surrounded with other who are all doing the same.
It brings me into a community of Ukers that I can't get in my very rural location.
It makes me smile every day. I am thankful for the generous people that have given us this place to hang out.

roxhum
09-03-2012, 04:05 PM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE of the PEOPLE!!! It is the kindest most gracious forum I have ever been on. And because of the helpfulness, intelligence, and wit/humor of the members.

One of, for me, the funniest threads ever was discussing whether or not it would hurt to hit someone in the head with a ukulele.

justinlcecil
09-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Ukulele underground is the best place for folks to hang out on the internet because it brings people from all walks of life together that have a similar interest. The greatest instrument ever created. Novice players can chat with people of great skill, you can find luthiers and follow their builds and best yet you get to meet some genuinely awesome people.

Patrick Madsen
09-03-2012, 04:12 PM
UU people have become like family. Sharing the joys and sorrows of buying and selling. Congratulating others for a video that well could need some work but shows improvment. Getting great advice on instruments I may be looking at. Just seeing the wonderful interaction of others I've never met in person but given the generosity of a best friend without question. This thread is a good example of it.

PhilUSAFRet
09-03-2012, 04:30 PM
"THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE...there just simply isn't another place like it for us to "hang out" with ukers from nearly every country in the world and be accepted just as a uker. Not by sex, race, nationality, religion, or political affiliation, but just as ukers.

mikelz777
09-03-2012, 04:34 PM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE you get to interact with people who have a passion for the ukulele. The people here are nice, supportive and generous when it comes to sharing knowledge and experience. It's a place where you can feel at home whether you are an absolute beginner or an accomplished player. Everyone is welcome and will fit in.

Dan Uke
09-03-2012, 04:38 PM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE...It just is!! Nuff Said!!

salukulady
09-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Because Aldine, Ryan and Aaron set the tone here for all of us to follow. Be kind, be patient and share your warmth and knowledge.

Garydavkra
09-03-2012, 04:44 PM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because, Eugene Ukulele said so, I've met all kinds of cool people here, it has pushed me beyond my limits, I love to read all the posts, the ukulele is a happy instrument and...I need to breath!

efiscella
09-03-2012, 04:49 PM
The uu is the best place to hang out on the internet because i have gotten to know so many "real" people who i am proud to say that i am friends with. It is a very caring community.

PinoyUker
09-03-2012, 05:17 PM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE... You learn more than you do in School.

gitarzan
09-03-2012, 05:30 PM

the friendliest people on earth; playing the friendliest instrument on earth; gather here for friendly advice, cheers and kudos, and enablement of Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome.

-Aloha to all UUkers.

fitncrafty
09-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Uu is the best place on the net to hang out because i have met great friends. Not just online friends but i have met fantastic real life friends...not to mention however slow I am learning to ply the ukulele...now if you folks could help my singing voice...miracles happen here

veep
09-03-2012, 05:31 PM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because!! You get to learn new things on the uke and make new friends and have fun all the time!

AetherBlue
09-03-2012, 05:39 PM
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because of the people. The UU community reflects the instrument in that they are both give off an honest and lighthearted warmth which truly sums up UU

erivel
09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because the ukulele can bring out the best in everyone and I see it happen here all the time!

UK Paulie
09-03-2012, 11:29 PM
Because its centered around the best instrument in the world! The ukulele. Because the spirit that really shines through here is really positive and because of people like you, Jon - True, sincere and inherently decent, traits that shine from you, in life you meet a lot of false people and like someone earlier said, its just not been my overall experience here, quite the opposite so thanks for that.

MisterRios
09-03-2012, 11:50 PM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE...

- it embodies the Aloha Spirit on the internet (which is very rare).
- it exposes you to a wide variety of ukes, including those from small luthiers
- it feeds your UAS
- it is full of nice people
- I can feed my Ukulele obsession whenever I'm away from my ukes
- the forums are some of the best I've seen (I'm not a heavy forum user though)
- it shows you there's more to ukes than Tiny Tim and George Formby (cue the awesome 28th Season contest!)
- no one looks at you funny when you talk about G-Strings!

Susie A
09-04-2012, 12:13 AM
"THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE ... of the people that come here. I have never met such a great bunch. The love and friendship that is shared here is amazing.

arpie
09-04-2012, 12:17 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because ....... apart from being a very friendly & courteous forum, everyone is GENUINELY keen to help out other ukers in their endeavour to become better players and EVERYONE fully understands UAS!

Members like Jon & Stan (and hundreds of others) are so ENCOURAGING of all levels of players, but in particular, us newbies ........ which is forever appreciated!! Many thanks for your generosity, Jon, in creating his thread - whoever the recipient is ....... I am sure that it will be going to a good home - in my case, it would be my brother ......... who pinches my ukes whenever we get together!

cheerio

Roberta

frankiefirefox
09-04-2012, 01:37 AM
... Because UU is the only place I can share my obsession with warm caring people that are willing to offer their often times expert opinion. The UU makes this world a little bit better every single day.

coolkayaker1
09-04-2012, 02:27 AM
UU is the best place to hang out on the Internet because it makes me giggle.

Jiva
09-04-2012, 02:40 AM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE

everyone is so nice and doesn't mind my beginner questions. The support from all the members means a lot to me and this is the first place I come to when I go online in the am. (after I read my email, of course) I look forward to the good stories, experiences and just plain niceness, definitely the Aloha spirit. It makes me feel like I have a ukulele family to talk to!

savagehenry
09-04-2012, 02:41 AM
Because it is awesome to be part of something great that brings out the best in people. Whatever question or problem that anyone has, whether it he ukulele related or not, there are always a bunch of people there to offer support and help to those in need. Truly inspiring.

dkcrown
09-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Simple answer. All of the wonderful people, especially the Mods.

missameeames
09-04-2012, 02:47 AM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE

I feel better after visiting. Everyone is so friendly and helpful, there are seriously talented people here that inspire me, and there's plenty of uke porn to drool over.

caukulele
09-04-2012, 03:01 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because of all the variety reasons already listed.... It is simply the best forum that I know of because of the spirit, love and sharing. People take the time to give encouragement, great friendships are made and hearts are opened on this forum... Music is all about sharing the love and this forum is about that. I have learned so much, and made some wonderful friends.

bynapkinart
09-04-2012, 03:07 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because of all the people who contribute to an overwhelmingly positive and informative forum. I lurk a lot more than I post because it's so valuable hear others' opinions and reflections on songs, ukes, cultures...everything, really. I've learned more on this forum than in any other forum about instruments, so thanks everyone!

Gmoney
09-04-2012, 03:24 AM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE of the incredibly giving people, the amazing range of talent from novice to virtuoso, & an equally incredible & endless list of new & old ukes that feed my UAS!

Oh, & there's Eugene!

(if I win; I won't but if I do.... pick the next name "in the hat" - pay it forward.)

Mahalo!

cantsing
09-04-2012, 03:29 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the Internet because ...

... it's the kind of place where people will respond enthusiastically to a thread like this simply because they love UU, not because they want to win a prize.

(Eugene, if I win, please draw again!)

Roselynne
09-04-2012, 03:57 AM
It's all about music! And ukuleles!

Ummm, no. Close, but not quite right ...

Okay, got it. It's all about the people behind the ukuleles.

(No winners were detected in this post ... but please skip my name if it shows up somehow.)

pootsie
09-04-2012, 04:03 AM

... of you guys.

roxhum
09-04-2012, 04:27 AM
BECAUSE.... I just gotta post twice to this thread because every morning I see yet another video that introduces me to music I may not have heard before, musicians I didn't know, UU musicians that inspire me and/or tickle my funny bone and I just love for my funny bone to be tickled!

ChrisRCovington
09-04-2012, 04:34 AM

of friendship, kindness, generosity, love and family.

I've been online since the days of AOL v. 1.5. I've NEVER seen or been part of a community that shows as much support and respect to members as is shown here. A few weeks ago two members got into a disagreement and some nasty words were said. I was shocked that such things could happen here and of course the mods did a great job taking care of it. In fact I'm not really sure who the mods here are because they are so rarely seen. Other forums I belong to have mods on every other page because of the flames. I guess we all know flames destroy wood instruments :)

ukeeku
09-04-2012, 04:51 AM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE...the very spirit of so many people opting out of the contest part of this, or saying that if they win they will give to someone. So many giving people, who actually care about you. Also all are welcome, no matter your ability. many places hate n00bs, we love them and love all the new questions they ask.

I am opting out also :). I have a Sopranino, love it, and am lucky enough that I get ukes to review and give away

bbycrts
09-04-2012, 05:12 AM
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because it's the only place I've made "Internet Friends" who turned out to be "real" friends...and some of the best real friends in the world.

kirbo
09-04-2012, 05:14 AM

of all the really nice people. I mean everyone is so patient and helpful, even when answering the same questions a gazillion times.

If chosen, I'll donate it to a deserving ESL student of mine.

ukuleledaveey
09-04-2012, 05:14 AM
only me again, wasnt sure to repost or edit my original just to say if my name is drawn out the hat, which i know it wont be lol either send the uke to strumsilly's grandaughter or give it to a local ozzie who needs a uke :)
Cheers Jon you are a one of the many rays of sunshine on this awesome site :)

glass
09-04-2012, 05:17 AM

of the people here. I met a few people on UU and they are some of my good friends! One day I hope to meet all the members here and include them all as friends!!!

ukes_in_the_wire
09-04-2012, 05:20 AM

People here understand the unalloyed joy that playing the uke brings to me in a way that others don't (or perhaps even, can't).

peewee
09-04-2012, 05:34 AM
..because of goofball aussies in tea-cozy hats who are just giving stuff away,
like smiles, tunes, positive attitude, and tiny ukuleles.

sim4lin
09-04-2012, 05:55 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because of threads like this!
You're all very nice people. :)

Remember, as Socrates once said:
"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."
Or maybe it was Paul McCartney... (snicker)

didgeridoo2
09-04-2012, 05:58 AM
UU is the greatest place to hang out on the internet because Aloha Spirit truly lives here.

gyosh
09-04-2012, 07:21 AM

. . . the majority of people responding to this thread are proving the statement by opting out of the prize in favor of donating to others or worthy causes.

*Keep my name in the hat, but if drawn, please ship to Aaron, Aldrine and Rayan to help kickstart their non-profit cause.

RevWill
09-04-2012, 07:28 AM
We have the friendliest people, the best music, and the most supportive community for players of all skill levels and abilities.

spookefoote
09-04-2012, 07:53 AM
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because the voices tell me so

mattydee
09-04-2012, 08:11 AM
...because of all the folks who've posted in this thread, and all the others, spreading the aloha spirit through the glory of these four little strings; because all of us are pushing each other to get better every day! I love how many of us are connected via a series of tubes, from far flung nations, sharing the joy of music.

SailingUke
09-04-2012, 08:15 AM
UU is a great place to hangout with old friends and new ones yet to join the forum.
I feel like a member of a large family.
I have learned so much and been happy to share my knowledge with others.
The spirit here is amazing, along those lines, if I win, please donate my winning to a deserving student to start them down this path as well.

wconley
09-04-2012, 08:44 AM
The UU is the best place to hang around on the internet because ... I get to find out the same confidence-sapping problems I have are not unique. Others have them and have conquered them. I get help with songs and get to find out about and listen to some amazing artists. All accomplished because of a little four-stringed instrument.

sim4lin
09-04-2012, 09:38 AM
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because the voices tell me so

;) ........

mailman
09-04-2012, 09:59 AM
UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE....

Wait. What? There are other places to hang out on the internet? Couldn't prove it by me....

Barbablanca
09-04-2012, 10:04 AM
THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE.... it is truly amazing how four nylon strings and a few bits of wood can unite so many varied people across the globe without flame wars, insults and constant bouts of cynicism!

Hippie Dribble
09-04-2012, 10:30 AM
WOW!!!!!!! Just woke up and hopped online with the coffee and to read these lovely comments here on this thread just made my day....actually, my entire week. Thankyou everyone for continuing to share the love around, what beautiful responses you've all made. Keep em coming folks, will keep the thread open a few more days to give as many people an opportunity as possible...

Uke Republic
09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
UU is the best place to hangout because- So many awesome people that happen to be awake when I am:) Plus like many have stated before I have made plenty of on-line , on-phone and in-person friends from this site. Learned much about music and many other things.Had some incredible laughs. Have had a chance to share peoples triumphs and defeats . Ah the list goes on... Viva la UU!

lochman
09-04-2012, 11:42 AM
"THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE..." its where you can get any info on ukes ...buying ..selling ..repair ..set up.. makes ..models
the list is endless....amen ..lol

CoLmes
09-04-2012, 12:14 PM
I've taken rides from people I've never met in real life and have emerged unscathed. I've been to places that I would never have if it wasn't for this site and I feel I have satellite houses that I could crash at if I ever wanted to.

Yestyn The Great
09-04-2012, 01:31 PM
UU is the best place to hang out because of all the neat things you can learn from all of the more experienced ukers.

wolfchs
09-04-2012, 02:34 PM
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because... Without it I'd be lost. Without UU I wouldnt be able to express myself the way ive always wanted to. Without it I wouldn't have been able to discover so many talented people that inspires me daily. I wouldn't have been able to learn what I know and i continue to find things to learn. Sooooo many reasons why I'm grateful.

strumsilly
09-04-2012, 02:37 PM
... because of all you kind UU'ers.

Mattypan
09-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Because its the only place where people "get it" about the obsession known as Ukulele.

Heidi Litke
09-04-2012, 03:44 PM
"THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE..." you find really fun posts like this. If I won this uke, I would play it a bit and then pass it along to a person that really needs one. I know just that special person too!

caroljean
09-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I've lurked, loomed, and just selfishly gulped the wisdom of others here way more than I have posted, but I love it, because it's the perfect place for me to come and poke around after a long day of working and of listening to the news, and of having to listen to people argue about politics.

I hang out here for a lot of the reasons I play uke, for the love of music, and to learn how to get completely lost in it. And let me just say :-) you people are all completely lost in it.

joeybug
09-05-2012, 12:25 AM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because it brings people far and wide close together over one simple thing - the Ukulele - it helps to show others parts of a culture they may not already know, it brings the Aloha spirit and smiles to so many people and we learn so much and make some wonderful friends. The UU is the only place where I feel like people actually *want* to know about me, the me that is usually hidden because people don't want to get involved. The UU is the best place on earth!

Strummin simon
09-05-2012, 03:35 AM
because i'll say anything to try and win a new ukulele!

thesillydave
09-05-2012, 03:45 AM
...because...of everything that has already been said on this thread...and that it has brought music back into my life!

drbekken
09-05-2012, 04:19 AM
...because it feels good to contribute to a worldwide forum. And to receive something from all the others. It's a 'give-and-take' thing. Bless you all.

Dan Uke
09-05-2012, 12:37 PM

Jon's my friend...BTW, my wife says I look like Charlie Brown and it must be true since Jon's ID states friend of Charlie Brown! If A = B and B = C then A = C :p

Hippie Dribble
09-05-2012, 09:58 PM
thankyou everyone for embracing the spirit of this thread and the inherent UAS enabling within it!!! Blessings to all. Will draw it around early evening east coast US time on Friday night. (That's Saturday morning here)...just keeping it open a little longer to try and catch everyone in the net...cheers gang

UKISOCIETY
09-06-2012, 09:16 AM
...all my friends are here.

000Kanaka000
09-06-2012, 09:46 AM
"THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE. There is always a song in somebodies heart, which brings a smile to the face.

Trinimon
09-06-2012, 11:05 AM
..because words like ohana, family, love and friendship exist here and are not just words in the spell checker.

ukuLily Mars
09-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Two things, in no particular order:

1. Nice people who know a lot more about the 'ukulele than I do who are happy to share their insight and experience and, yes, even opinions! Where I live there are no other 'ukulele players (although people do love music played in public, and making music, so I figure if I drag my 'uke around with me everywhere perhaps someone will join me), and it's really great to have a place to come to and share the 'Ukeness.

2. Pictures of cats in 'ukulele cases.

UncleElvis
09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
UU is the best place to hang on the internet because heroes become friends, friends become family and joy is the main goal for almost everyone.
This place saved my life by helping me to quit smoking. This place saved my life by giving me a brand new career that has brought me more happiness and joy than almost anything I've ever done (marrying my wife is the only better thing!). This place has given me a home, if I need it, in hundreds of cities, towns and mountain villages all over the world.
This place saved me, and many, many others... and I will be eternally grateful.

Please put my name in the hat and, if I win, send the uke to Mim.
Just 'cuz that's the other thing that makes this place the best place on the internet... We're all completely insane and twisted!

tigersister
09-06-2012, 08:29 PM
...because it's about more than ukes. I came here in search of knowledge of this wonderful instrument, but I stayed for the camaraderie, the giving generous spirit of the the creators of UU and it's members, and the hopeful feeling I get in knowing that there are all these caring folks out in the world when it sometimes seems like the world is going insane.

ETA: I'll pass on the raffle.

KenRice
09-06-2012, 09:48 PM
The UU is the best place to hang out on the Internet because of the positive vibe and the willingness to help. I check-in daily although Im a lurker. This is a good opportunity to thank the members, mods, and everyone else that makes this great site possible.

Booksniffer
09-07-2012, 06:40 AM
... because reading (and very occasionally posting) here makes me almost as happy as playing the ukulele does! :music:

Ukulele Underground is one of the best forums I've ever visited; full of friendly and helpful people and with a fantastic, warm atmosphere.
All the ukulele players I've so far met in real life have been wonderful too, by the way. :)

Pundabaya
09-07-2012, 07:38 AM
... It's the most knowledgeable uke forum out there and everyone's nice.

Tootler
09-07-2012, 09:05 AM
...It's a friendly helpful forum with a welcoming attitude.

Hippie Dribble
09-07-2012, 01:47 PM
THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR AWESOME RESPONSES!!!! Totally agree with all of em. :)

just about to write down all the names and draw someone out to win the ukulele...will let you know in an hour or so. stay tuned... :)

Hippie Dribble
09-07-2012, 02:00 PM
wow...110 names in...

sheesh...I need a bigger beanie...might have to grab me a bucket :p

Dan Uke
09-07-2012, 02:02 PM
wow...110 names in...

sheesh...I need a bigger beanie...might have to grab me a bucket :p

I'll let you borrow one of my beanies as I got a big noggin! Nothing like making fun of yourself and laughing about it! LOL

Hippie Dribble
09-07-2012, 02:07 PM
I'll let you borrow one of my beanies as I got a big noggin! Nothing like making fun of yourself and laughing about it! LOL

ha ha brother...that's the Charlie Brown coming out in you...hey, that's not you hiding behind the tree in my avatar is it Daniel? :)

addicted2myuke
09-07-2012, 02:13 PM
In this day of silent communication (texting and e-mails) it's great to communicate with folks who share a common obcession. Even though the communication is silent here, I doesn't seem that way. When I am having a problem with my playing, I can ask here, and almost hear the friendly voices giving me support and advice. This site has saved my so many times. Thank you all.

Hippie Dribble
09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
In this day of silent communication (texting and e-mails) it's great to communicate with folks who share a common obcession. Even though the communication is silent here, I doesn't seem that way. When I am having a problem with my playing, I can ask here, and almost hear the friendly voices giving me support and advice. This site has saved my so many times. Thank you all.

thanks addicted2myuke...your name is also in...I'll draw it at 11am our time (about 40mins) and check the thread for any last minute responses before I do so and include you too...blessings folks

MattLindahl
09-07-2012, 02:30 PM
UU=fun+connection.

I discovered UU while living in a farm house in the Middle of Nowhere, TN.
After posting and entering contests, I've actually met and befriended people who I only knew by youtube names and UU monikers at UWC.
It's the happiest I am, surrounded by people from all walks of life who share love for an unassuming little box with strings.

Eugene for President of the Underground.

Lexxy
09-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Hey mate, you'd probably have to use the bath tub for that amount of names!

Hippie Dribble
09-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Hey mate, you'd probably have to use the bath tub for that amount of names!

ha ha...now that would make for an unseemly video draw!!!

Draw DONE folks...clip up in an hour or so...

mm stan
09-07-2012, 04:43 PM
What no hints...where is the winner from at least you teaser...ha ha lol... If we guess right can we keep the beanie..ha ha

okay ..... I say hmmm west coast usa...winner....kvehe because you said so....lol

Hippie Dribble
09-07-2012, 04:53 PM
What no hints...where is the winner from at least you teaser...ha ha lol... If we guess right can we keep the beanie..ha ha

okay ..... I say hmmm west coast usa...winner....kvehe because you said so....lol

ha ha...no hints, not even for you mate...all will be disclosed in a few minutes :drool:

Hippie Dribble
09-07-2012, 04:56 PM
apologies for the sound gang...amazing how a little zephyr can sound like a tornado :p...anyway, without further ado, the winner is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_N3BhR5Mhw

THANKYOU EVERYONE :)

mm stan
09-07-2012, 05:07 PM
Great give away contest Eugene....you've gotta biggggg generous warm heart.....Congrats Andy..you lucky buggah
Didn't my name get stuck in your ear literally...didn't you hear me calling you...pick me LOL

NatalieS
09-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Haha I love it! Congratulations Strumsilly!

didgeridoo2
09-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Congrats strumsilly! Thanks for the fun contest, Jon!

GinnyT11
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
How cool! Strumsilly wanted a sopranino for his little granddaughter. O Fate, today you are very kind!

kvehe
09-07-2012, 05:39 PM
Congratulations to you, Strumsilly!!

Kathryn

Lexxy
09-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Congrats Strumsilly and thanks Jon for hosting this giveaway!!

arpie
09-07-2012, 06:30 PM
Congrats to Strumsilly on the win & many thanks, Jon for allowing us all to participate in your giveaway!

Take care

Roberta

Lalz
09-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Congrats strumsilly!
It's been great fun reading everyone's entries. Thanks Eugene!

Freeda
09-08-2012, 03:11 AM
We love UU and Eugene! Congrats strumsilly!

glass
09-08-2012, 04:08 AM
Congrats to strumsilly!!! And many thanks to you Jon and UU!!

joeybug
09-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Congrats strumsilly! Thanks Jon for a great giveaway...

sim4lin
09-08-2012, 04:23 AM
Congratulations to Strumsilly!, and thanks to Eugene for his generosity :)

ukuLily Mars
09-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Congratulations, Strumsilly! Thanks, Jon, for your generosity, and for a fun and positive conversation!

strumsilly
09-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Congratulations, Strumsilly! Thanks, Jon, for your generosity, and for a fun and positive conversation!
UU is the best place to hang out on the internet because of people like Jon. You have made a little girl very happy mate. Hope it comes back to you tenfold.

ukuloonie
09-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks Jon for all you do for UU
Thanks
Drew.

erivel
09-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Congrats to strumsilly! And thanks to Jon for his generosity! UU rules!

Dan Uke
09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Congrats to Strumsilly! You gotta use it for the next season! Thank Jon for being you!!

UncleElvis
09-09-2012, 08:37 PM
UU=fun+connection.

I discovered UU while living in a farm house in the Middle of Nowhere, TN.
After posting and entering contests, I've actually met and befriended people who I only knew by youtube names and UU monikers at UWC.
It's the happiest I am, surrounded by people from all walks of life who share love for an unassuming little box with strings.

Eugene for President of the Underground.

For me, you and me's friendship sums up what I think UU and UWC is all about.

I was a HUGE Matt Lindahl fan before UWC and, when I finally got to meet him, started gushing.
His response was "Yeah, that's great. I wanna see the bindle, that amp in a suitcase thing..." and then proceeded to show it off to everyone... then apologized for showing it off.

And I second the nomination.
Fans and heroes become heroes and fans... and we all become family.

UncleElvis
09-09-2012, 08:38 PM
apologies for the sound gang...amazing how a little zephyr can sound like a tornado :p...anyway, without further ado, the winner is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_N3BhR5Mhw

THANKYOU EVERYONE :)

What a lovely head you have, brother!
I'm not sure what I was expecting, having never seen it uncovered, but what a pleasant surprise to find, not a third eye or a tentacle, but just a lovely round pate!

And huge congrats to strumsilly!

MisterRios
09-10-2012, 12:35 AM
Congrats to Strumsilly!

Trinimon
09-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Congrats Strumsilly! Thanks Jon for passing along that aloha spirit! :)

strumsilly
09-18-2012, 02:50 AM
Here's the uke with its new owner. Thanks again Jon.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/Frankie.jpg

caukulele
09-18-2012, 02:58 AM
Here's the uke with it's new owner. Thanks again Jon.
http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb376/avm1/Frankie.jpg

Beautiful picture!

vanflynn
09-18-2012, 03:18 AM
Super Picture. Looks like it found a great home. If some of Jon's mojo rubs off on this little one, look out world!

Keep us posted on her progress

Hippie Dribble
09-18-2012, 09:31 AM
What a gorgeous picture Andy. That picture just made me go all fuzzy and weird inside, and made the whole thread worthwhile. Thanks for posting it mate, so glad she's pleased. This is what it's all about. Perfect. :) And again, thankyou to everyone who posted on the thread and shared their love for the UU and each other. :)

fitncrafty
09-18-2012, 11:35 AM
She's just beautiful.. cograts...

strumsilly
09-19-2012, 01:49 AM
She's just beautiful.. cograts...
yea, it is a very pretty uke. haha

mm stan
09-19-2012, 02:33 AM
wow Beautiful picture..and her smile tells it all....wow fits her well too.... makes this contest so worthwhile....woo hoo

myjermz
09-19-2012, 03:28 AM
"THE UU IS THE BEST PLACE TO HANG OUT ON THE INTERNET BECAUSE..." you can request help on songs you want to learn !

jeremy r

fitncrafty
09-19-2012, 03:30 AM
yea, it is a very pretty uke. haha

Strumm you make me laugh.. The uke is beautiful.. so is your girl..great match!

mo9090x
10-01-2012, 02:14 PM
Congrats strumsilly. What a perfect fit: tiny uke and tiny girl.