Sloop John B- Ukulele solo

Very nice. Liked it a lot. Here's some history for you. The original Sloop John B recording featured a Martin 3K uke played by then L.A. Session musician Billy Strange. He died just a few months at his home in Franklin, TN. He gifted that very uke to me shortly before passing. A TREASURE!

I am a big Pet Sounds fan, Sloop John being my least favorite. But you did a great job on the song and seeing your video might make me learn to play it on ukulele. Thanks and keep strumming.

Very nice. Liked it a lot. Here's some history for you. The original Sloop John B recording featured a Martin 3K uke played by then L.A. Session musician Billy Strange. He died just a few months at his home in Franklin, TN. He gifted that very uke to me shortly before passing. A TREASURE!

REALLY? That's a true story? That is a great story and indeed you were gifted a treasure ukulele. Thanks for sharing that little piece of history. So funny because I wasn't associating the Beach Boys with Sloop John B. I am showing my age.

Great job ukulelelearner! You play the uke really well and I am so impressed that you were able to do all of that by ear. Sloop John B was one of the first songs I learned (strumming) on the ukulele.

True story. Became a close friend of Billy and his wife the last ten years of his life. He knew I'd taken up uke a few years ago and made my day when he handed me that Martin.
REALLY? That's a true story? That is a great story and indeed you were gifted a treasure ukulele. Thanks for sharing that little piece of history. So funny because I wasn't associating the Beach Boys with Sloop John B. I am showing my age.

Top Bottom