Ideal ukulele

nikolo727

Reaction score
If you were to have a completely custom ukulele, what you look to have on it.

wood type, shape, size, inlay, etc.

I would have a super kurly koa Tenor , with a slotted headstock, and my name with MOP inlay on the fret board. And Inlay wings on each side of the fret board, right above the sound hole, on the face of the uke.high gloss finish, gold colored tuners, and some sweet inlay around the sound hole and around the edges of the face of the uke.:D

what about you guys/girls??

Last edited:
I'm not making fun of you, just having fun:
I'd have one made out of chocolate. With taffy strings. :)

-Jeff

im more partial to the white chocolate uke, with fudge inlay, and chocolate taffy strings.

yum yum!

Not to be off topic or anything;), but I would want such a custom uke:

-Tenor scale
-Slotted headstock
-Spruce top
-Curly koa back/sides
-Ebony fretboard & bridge
-Bindings: body = ebony, fretboard = maple
-Mi-Si pickup
-Custom headstock inlay (my last name in Chinese)
-Radiused fretboard (18" radius)

And voila! Here it is :D:

342740879.jpg

Oh, if only I had money...

-tenor
-Mahogany body, painted shiny black
-Maple Fretboard
-lighting bolt fretboard inlay's
-Slotted headstock
-Slytherin headstock inlay (if it's even possible)
-slot bridge
-bone nut and saddle

-Tenor
-Black Master Grade Koa
-Rosette Inlay
-Flat fingerboard like a classical guitar
-Bridge/FAn Style Bracing.
-Bone Nut/Saddle/Pins
-Slothead with Inlay

FrontShot.jpg

Now add twice the strings and the top in 5A bearclaw spruce.

PENDING

KoAloha Pineapple Sunday, totally stock. That is perfection in my eyes.

Otherwise...

Concert-sized, Kamaka-style pineapple with curly koa all around, ebony fretboard and bridge, and simple abalone dot inlays.

I like how I'm posting this several hours after getting a new ukulele. Concert flea. Pineapple, of course. :D

Last edited:
William King said:
I've been asked by several people for a few more photos of the Nunes style tenor prototype i have for sale. The tenor is Honduras mahogany with a Honduras mahogany neck and body binding. The mahogany has a subtle pomelle figure. The fingerboard is ebony with ivory position markers and an ebony nut. The nut width is 38mm (1 1/2"). It has a tie style ebony bridge with a boxwood saddle and PegHed™ geared tuning pegs with ebony buttons. It is strung with Worth BM fluorocarbon strings, finished in a soft and natural looking tung oil and wax finish and it has a Mi-Si Acoustic Trio battery free preamp/Baggs UST installed. This is a standard scale 12 fret to the body tenor with a clear and sweet tone.

Seeso, that King was for sale not too long ago via the FMM Marketplace. I had to think long and hard before deciding to pass. Did you perchance become the lucky new owner and thus acquire your ideal uke?

Seeso, that King was for sale not too long ago via the FMM Marketplace. I had to think long and hard before deciding to pass. Did you perchance become the lucky new owner and thus acquire your ideal uke?

No. I heard about it on sale, but I am one broke mofo.
cry.gif

I passed on that one as well, I regret it.

I guess my dream would be a:

LoPrinzi concert uke with spruce top and rosewood back and sides, 14 frets to the body, nickel Grover open geared tuners, ebony fretboard and bridge, ebony binding on top and back with red dyed wood purfling on top and back and sides, and a red dyed wood rosette. Pearl microdots at 3,5,7,10,12, and 15th frets. Gloss lacquer finish. Low G tuning strung with Aquila's.

I haven't thought about it at all...

Anyway, I do not have the $$$...
:=(

And I do have other very lovely ukes!!!
8=]

Tenor, ebony bridge, mi-si pup, slotted headstock, Solid spruce body, unglossed neck. Abalone body and neck binding and around the soundhole. And a black silhouette decal of 2 palm trees on the body beneath the bridge.

Of course tomorrow it would be completely different. I have musical ADD. Haha.

im switching my answer..again.

-Mahogany sides and bottom
-Spruce top
-Gloss finish
-MOP inlay around the soundhole
-MOP my initials (NB) covering the 10, 11, and 12 frets. in fancy lettering of course
-Ebony fingerboard and bindings
-slotted ebony headstock
-golden colored tuners
-MOP inlay outlining the headstock and face of the uke

Top Bottom