Looking for a Tenor uke w/ very good electronics..

CurtainGuy

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Tenor uke with very good electronics, does anyone have any suggestions? I'd like to keep it under 500.. but I can possibly be swayed if something looks awesome enough =)

the applause ukuleles have really nice electronics... but personally, i dont like the ergonomics. but then again, aldrine owns two of them.

other than that, if you want to get the best sound out of your ukulele while plugged in, without having to install an expensive pickup of your own choice, invest in an LRBaggs para acoustic DI and it will blow you away. that little box can do wonders for some of those cheap electronics that come on so many ukuleles.

Cool thanks for the info. I'll check out that acoustic DI.

I actually saw these Ovation ukes on mgm's store a few days ago but I can't seem to find them anymore. Bummer.

Any other suggestions?

hey!
yeah i agree lrbaggs is a very good pickup.
as for buying ukulele with good electronics under 500.

your best bet would be:
ovation (as mentioned)
pono (can get one under 500 with the pickup made by john. from pono)
http://cgi.ebay.com/PONO-MAHOGANY-S...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:3|39:1|240:1318

and you can pretty much buy a nice ukulele now and get a pick up on it later when you have more cassh. cause a passive pickup with installation is like 100-150 for fishman passive. and the active fish pickup is 285 or something along those lines!
but lrg baggs is sweeet! i got one my K-1 tenor

Cool thanks for the info. I'll check out that acoustic DI.
Here's more info in the DI . . . $159 @ Musician's Friend
CurtainGuy said:
I actually saw these Ovation ukes on mgm's store a few days ago but I can't seem to find them anymore. Bummer.
Best bet is to PM or email Mike to see what's available. What he has on the site does not necessarily mean he is out of stock.
CurtainGuy said:
Any other suggestions?
A number of options are available. Do a search on soundboard transducers and undersaddle (US) pickups . . .

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I messaged mgm on ebay and I was able to get my hands on one of those limited edition ovations. I feel like that's going to have pretty awesome electronics. The only thing that worries me a little is how it'll sound un-plugged. But that's ok I mainly want it for playing while plugged in.

http://cgi.ebay.com/4K-LIMITED-EDIT...16224QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

It should arrive towards the end of the week or maybe early next week. What do you guys think??

Top Bottom