FS: DaSilva #61 Dark Koa Soprano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

billypete

Reaction score
SOLD: Rare and Beautiful Soprano Ukulele by Mike DaSilva. #61, 2005; dark Koa w/ Rosewood Fretboard. Faux Tortise Binding. Worth Browns. Loud with mighty tone, easy action, great intonation. Discoloration of finish on upper left of head (see photos), does not affect sound, play, or tuning. I have another DaSilva (#92), this one doesn't get played; passing it along to be appreciated. Freemont Case included.

UPDATE: A keen eyed observer pointed out that the upper bout is not symmetrical being an 1/8 inch wider on the Right than on the left. Odd. The lower bout and waist are perfect though the sound-hole is slightly off center with respect to the fingerboard (it is noticeable in the photos). The strings are arrow straight along the fingerboard. I never even noticed the asymmetry until it was pointed out to me this week. It does not impact the play or sound at all. Also I forgot the price, now $600 shipped CONUS <-REDUCED

Additional Pictures-
Video of me playing poorly-
DS_Front.jpgDS61_back.jpgDS61_case.jpgDS61_defect.jpgDS61_label.jpg[/URL]

Last edited:
think you forgot to put the price on your listing bp...gorgeous uke

Saw your listing on FMM for this uke. It's a great deal for someone looking for a DaSilva! Good look with the sale!

Wow. Just wow! As a fellow DaSilva owner, I'm glad you're selling it because you have *another* DaSilva that gets all the play time, and not for any other reason. Because really, once you've played one - it's hard to play anything else.

Beautiful uke, and great sound. I'm half tempted to snap it up myself but I can't imagine myself playing anything other than DaSilva #291, so I'll leave this one for someone else.

Can you give more detail as to what caused the discoloration on the headstock? Also what's the condition in terms of dings and such? Thanks!

Rare and Beautiful Soprano Ukulele by Mike DaSilva. #61, 2005; dark Koa w/ Rosewood Fretboard. Faux Tortise Binding. Worth Browns. Loud with mighty tone, easy action, great intonation. Discoloration of finish on upper left of head (see photos), does not affect sound, play, or tuning. I have another DaSilva (#92), this one doesn't get played; passing it along to be appreciated. Freemont Case included.

Additional Pictures-
Video of me playing poorly-
View attachment 42589View attachment 42590View attachment 42591View attachment 42592View attachment 42593[/URL]

mo909x, I do not know what caused the discoloration as I purchased it that way. I suspect moisture. Someone probably had it resting on its side with the corner of the head-stock in some damp. There is no evidence of similar damage anywhere else on the instrument. I would describe the dings as very minor, 1-2 mm in diameter, and just a few, 4 or 5. There are no cracks or scratches. I recommend checking the links. I have posted many photos and the video includes a close overview of the instrument.

Reducing the price to $500, shipped CONUS due to empirical evidence I have over estimated its value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom