Song Help Request darcie's lullaby

flipanda

Reaction score
hey, new here and i just picked up my first uke not too long ago.

ive begun by learning somewhere over the rainbow from a video aldrine had up at iamhawaii.com.

what caught my interest is the song Darcie's Lullaby. im going to virginia next month to see my baby neice (she was born August 8th, 2008) and would love to learn to play this song by then...

here's the link where i got the tabs from

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/...ng&song=lj/darcys_lullaby_intro_corrected.txt

but no idea what the p means.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

edit* ill jus copy paste it.

Darcy's Lullaby Intro corrected

Composed By: Guy Maeda
Performed By: Island Rhythms
Submitted By: King Navigator <troopercarzs@yahoo.com>

Chords: F, G7, Bb, Bbm6, F

A ---0p--------0p--------1p--0p--2p--------2p--------2p-----1p--------1--
E ---1---1-----1---1-----1---1---1---1-----1---1-----1---2--1---1--------
C ---0p-----0--0p-----0--0p--0---2p-----0--2p-----0--2p-----2p-----2-----
G ---2---------2---------2---2---0---------0---------0------0------------

A ---1p--------1----0p--------0p--------0p--
E ---1---1----------1---1-----1---1-----1---
C ---1p-----2-------0p-----0--0p-----0--0p-- Pause...
G ---0--------------2---------2---------2---

...Repeat again and then strum f (after ending, after repeating)

it's easier if you hold the chords while picking...

*note: this is the easier way of playing it. The G7 part of the actual intro is more complicated.

Last edited:
Any tips on how to pick this song?
Why is there 0p and 1/2 at the same time, how do we pull this?
Any help would be greatly apprecaited thanks~

I believe the p in this case means to pluck. Here's a short vid where you can see what his strumming hand is doing. Hope this helps.

Hey everyone. Not sure if it still matters, but I'm the one who submitted this song to tropicalstormhawaii. The link that was posted here leads to my submission. papplehead is correct. I used the p's to mean pluck. I just put them there because I was outlining the chords of the song with the picking. I found it easier to hold the full chord shapes instead of just using open strings. so any p just notates which strings to pluck while holding those chord shapes because not all the notes of the chords need to be played. normally Fred Miu would be correct. P does normally mean pull off, but I decided to use my own notation this time. It was a really long time ago and the first picking notation I ever submitted online. sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom