Coming to Maui!!

We're headed to Maui tonight! Woohoo! Can't wait to get there.

You will love it. Make sure you check out Mele...and Bounty...and if you want any ideas for off the path ideas...send me a PM. I lived there for 5 years.

Also, what part of Maui you visiting and where at in Alaska you live?

Don't think I can get a new uke this trip. I got a beautiful little Pono last year. I had to sue the old relaible: Hey Honey, look what follwed me home! Can I keep it?" routine with the last one. I think she decided that the uke was easier than a puppy so I got away with it!

We'll be in Ka'anapali area. Definitely going to make the return trip to Bounty & Mele. Gotta see what they have, you know. We live in Southcentral Alaska about 40 miles north of Anchorage.

Aloha, I leave tomorrow, Friday morning. Friday evening in Wailuku is the street fair. Saturday is the Hula competition at the MACC, Tuesday afternoon is ukulele get-together at Kam III, and uke playing in Kihei Thursday evening. Other than that is swimming-snorkeling and paddling outrigger. Have a wonderful time

Aloha Kentsantabarbara. Where are the Kam III and the Kihei events? I have family joining us, but I might be able to sneak out.

Aloha to those who are going to Maui,
Have a great time and be safe. Just got back to NorCal after 5 1/2 months there. Miss it very much and can't wait to go back. Reccomend seeing the stage show "Ulalena", the show's musicians are incredible, watched them more the show itself.
The Pawn Shops in Wailuku was my haven for buying ukuleles (4), negotiate with them for great prices. And check Craigslist/Maui, another great source............................BO........................

We will be in Maui (Kihei) for two weeks coming up. I think we'll add six ukulele players to the island. Kihei ukulele get together is at Keolahou Church, located at 177 S. Kīhei Rd. from 7-8:30. Very friendly, fun and social. Jarret does a great job of leading the group and you usually get a little Hawaiian culture along the way. They are having a beach practice on the 11th at Kamaole Beach III (grassy area left side of parking lot) in Kihei from 5-6 but you should get there around 4:30. They play out of their own music book but are transitioning to the blue Mele book. Usually you can find someone to pal up with.

Top Bottom