Get your kicks...

Dougf

Reaction score
on Route 66! My entry for season 29. Bobby Troup, 1946, first recorded by Nat King Cole.

Last edited:
hey man

playin jazz all over the neck, singin and keeping that funky rythm going at the same time...you make it look easier than i know it is (isn't?)

another good job... this cats diggin it :)

hey man

playin jazz all over the neck, singin and keeping that funky rythm going at the same time...you make it look easier than i know it is (isn't?)

another good job... this cats diggin it :)

Thanks, it's really not that tricky, but I still have plenty of room for improvement. And next time I'm going to iron my shirt.:)

That was just fantastic. I get my kicks from watching your cool playing, well done Doug!

Thanks, glad you liked it.

How about a tutorial on how to play it. You certainly use some chords I have never mastered. I'm sure I'd not be the only one to appreciate it. (where's the begging and pleading smiley when you need it :) )

I had a British friend travel what is left of the old Route 66 last year and he had a gas. He says it is run down, but it is still iconic!

How about a tutorial on how to play it. You certainly use some chords I have never mastered. I'm sure I'd not be the only one to appreciate it. (where's the begging and pleading smiley when you need it :) )

I had a British friend travel what is left of the old Route 66 last year and he had a gas. He says it is run down, but it is still iconic!

Thanks, you know, I just might do a tutorial, it could be fun. Somebody on YouTube asked me to do one on my rendition of "Take the A Train", maybe I'll do that one as well.

In the meantime, the chords are not that tricky, it's a 12 bar blues, with jazz flavored chords, here's the jist:

C13 (3453) F9 (2333) C13 C13
F9 F9 C13 C13
Dm7 (5555) G13 (4557) C13 Cdim(2323) G13

Top Bottom