FS: Kamaka HF-3 Tenor Ukulele - $750

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbike137

Reaction score
SOLD!

Hi all. I am selling my 2002 Kamaka HF-3 Tenor uke. It is a great sounding and great playing ukulele (action at G string 12th fret slightly less than 6/64"). This is not a uke for collectors - it has been played. Accordingly, it has its share of wear, dings and such. That nice thing about that is that it has developed a beautiful open and mature tone. I compared my Kamaka with some new Kamaka HF-3's and it wasn't even close. This 2002 was so much fuller and louder. All issues are cosmetic. The uke sets up great - nice low action. Lots of saddle left. Intonates wonderfully. Currently strung with a brand new set of Worth Clear Fats. Elderly Instruments listed the uke's condition as "Excellent" when I bought it (and its in the same condition). In fact, you can see the Elderly ad here: http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/180U-1556.htm

The uke comes with a "like new" Kala Crazy Alligator Tenor case that fits the Kamaka like a glove. I am asking $750 plus shipping. Throw in an extra $25 if you want to use Paypal. I don't think you will find a better deal on a Kamaka Tenor. By the way - note the koa neck!

I want to add one cosmetic note: whoever owned this uke before me must have had sweaty hands. There is some finish marring on the body where it meets the neck. I included a photo of that (which makes it looks worse than it actually is - but at least you can see it.) Again, if you are looking for a great sounding and great playing Kamaka tenor - look no further. If you a looking for a museum piece, you'll want to pass on this one. Hit me up with any questions and such. You can see a bunch of photos at:
http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa238/SteveKlim/Kamaka/

21012andKamaka001.jpg

21012andKamaka006.jpg

21012andKamaka019.jpg

21012andKamaka053.jpg

Last edited:
MAN! That's beautiful! Won't last long at that price either...

I'll take it!

I want this. I'll try to figure out how to do a PM and send you my contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom