New Dasilva 5k Style in the Oven

Stevelele

Reaction score
Ordered this one a long time ago, and Mike just now started to build it. He has made good progress and will likely finish in the next week or so. It will be a concert Martin style 5k. I kind of overspent when I was trying to save money, so there's a chance that I'll have to sell it, but when I get it, if I fall in love with it, I'll probably sell another one of my beauties. Check it out so far.

IMG_7433.jpgIMG_7434.JPGIMG_7435.jpg

Goodness, he does nice work. What a beautiful piece of koa. Can't wait to see the finished product-- a concert 5k sounds just perfect.

Geez Steve.....aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhMAZING. Looking incredible mate. :drool:

Love the blue shell purfling...lovely...it really makes the uke pop....now the big queestion...HOW MUCH.. LOL Congrats Steve, I'm sure you are patiently waiting.:eek::drool:

Oh my, that uke is going to be a stunner!!! Mike makes the best ukes...

Beautiful!!

Gonna be a beauty, Steve. So you have a couple of nice ukes in the pipeline now. Its always nice to have something to look forward to!

He does ridiculously pretty stuff.

yeah, but you don't even know the half of it--I have gone waaay overboard and will have to sell some

Gonna be a beauty, Steve. So you have a couple of nice ukes in the pipeline now. Its always nice to have something to look forward to!

yeah, but you don't even know the half of it--I have gone waaay overboard and will have to sell some

I sold one of mine to finance my DaSilva. Haven't missed it in the least :)

Hmmmm. Didn't you already sell your Mya Moe, Pepe Romero, and Collings UT-3? What's next?

Must be tough deciding what uke has to go. You got more customs in the pipeline? Wow. Hope one is a DeVine.

I promise to share when I get them or when the time gets closer. Some are from builders that aren't well known to the ukulele community, but great luthiers, and others are well known or at least fairly well known in the community... I'll do my best to post video reviews so you can check them out...

BTW, I still miss the Mya Moe, Pepe Romero and the Collings UT3--all three were great great instruments, but I needed the money at the time and am now replenishing with others. Stay tuned!

Hmmmm. Didn't you already sell your Mya Moe, Pepe Romero, and Collings UT-3? What's next?

Last edited:
Top Bottom