Fly Me To The Moon

SamWise

Reaction score
Ok, so I got a better camera, marginally. It's a £30 mobile sized thing, the Disgo, but it's better than my Webcam was, and it'll also let me get a bit more creative for the Bushman contest. To test it out, I learned Fly Me to The Moon, which is a complicated bugger of a song, this morning and recorded it. The occasional cock up is just evidence of my newness to the song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vKSMZEgB6Y

Thanks, man. Ukulele is really inspiring me to learn some of these old standards that I love to sing, but have never played before. Jazz chords are that much easier on 4 strings. I've been working on Girl from Ipanema too, but I kinda want to put flute or tin whistle on that, and I need to get my chops together!

Cheers! I had no idea how much I bop about and shake my head when I'm playing. I look like David Gray doing that!

Good job.:). It's one of those songs that you can't stop singing. So I got my uke and sang along wih you. I sing tenor, so we sounded great, lol.

I'm learning this song myself. When I repeat the song the second time around it gets wild and crazy with little more jazz and chuncking. Try it.:nana:

Yeah, I think given more time I might have gone a little Ella Fitzgerald with a further time through! I was quite pleased with my phrasing though; I'm no Sinatra, but it came out nice and relaxed, and I was able to wander round the beat in a Rat Pack kinda way without it sounding forced.

Top Bottom