"Willin'"

H

Hippie Dribble

1970. Lowell George.

THE Little Feat classic and maybe the best truckin' song ever written.

Beautiful playing and sang like you''ve lived it. Another great one!
thanks a lot brother for the support. Steve Earle does a magic take on this song too which maybe you've heard. Huge Earle fan right here...

Spiffing!!! Loved Lowell era little feat.

thanks... one of my all time favs! How bout doing Dixie Chicken or Fat Man In The Bathtub next? cheers!

what's your tuning on the uke? is that your new Martin?

Jon -

Now I have to choose between this and "Wanna Be Sedated"! How can you you do this to me mate?!?!

My favorite Lowell George song! You absolutely nailed it!!!

Did you know that Lowell said he was fired from the Mother's of Invention for writing this song? (Frank had a strict no drugs policy)

I discovered the genius of Lowell George through Linda Ronstadt's cover of this song on her 1974 album, Heart Like A Wheel. You took a great song and made it your own, no small feat.
--G

Little Feat and the Ramones covers on the same day? You, my friend, are a Renaissance man!

Ok that answers my question about tuning.. It's a baritone..I don't know squat about baritones ..sounds great though...

Spiffing!!! Loved Lowell era little feat.
thanks heaps Ted!
what's your tuning on the uke? is that your new Martin?
hey Tailgate, this one's a mainland baritone. Standard bari tuning is lowD, G, B, E...I have this tuned up a full step to 'A' tuning....basically so that when I'm playing a C shaped chord, it's actually and A chord with this tuning.
Jon -

Now I have to choose between this and "Wanna Be Sedated"! How can you you do this to me mate?!?!
he he...thanks Paul for the support...yeah, an unlikely combo for today brother for sure, thanks for watching mate
My favorite Lowell George song! You absolutely nailed it!!!

Did you know that Lowell said he was fired from the Mother's of Invention for writing this song? (Frank had a strict no drugs policy)

I discovered the genius of Lowell George through Linda Ronstadt's cover of this song on her 1974 album, Heart Like A Wheel. You took a great song and made it your own, no small feat.
--G
thanks G...I only discovered Little Feat a few years back when Steve Earle did this on one of his records...so yeah, came in through the back door but I've been hooked ever since. Thanks for the historiography...that's pretty trippy, had no idea at all that Zappa was like that...sheesh, learn something new everyday. Thanks for the comment mate
Little Feat and the Ramones covers on the same day? You, my friend, are a Renaissance man!
ha! Thanks Jim!
True! I prefer the Little Feat, very sensitive singing, just perfect for the song and the baritone uke!:)
thanks you guys. great to see you back on the boards! I agree, this one is great for the baritone, gives it the little bit more guts and oomph that it needs...

I detect a substance abuse theme...
I used to play Willlin' on my "6 string super Baritone", gotta add it back to the repertoire.

I detect a substance abuse theme...
I used to play Willlin' on my "6 string super Baritone", gotta add it back to the repertoire.
same here Peter, that's when I first learnt it. Guitars are pretty redundant round here these days though...

--G

Yeah, I discovered a lot of geniuses thanks to Linda Ronstadt!

Really nice job, Jon. Terrific playing and singing, and a lot of fun to watch. Thanks!
Best,
Lily

Top Bottom