Hate to, but no choice: Kanilea K1 Tenor w/Uke Crazy Case, humidifier, strings - $875

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoiDog

Reaction score
This is really hard, but my dog needs eye surgery and I need money, so I have no choice but to put up my Kanile'a K1 for sale. It's actually a bit of a no-brainer, actually. She's more important than the uke.

I figured I'd start here because I know it would find a good home.

No need to give details on how good Kanile'a is. My uke is the satin finish, and it is so gorgeous and feel so incredible. Serial 0611-6361

Along with the uke you get the Uke Crazy case, an Oasis in-hole humidifier, and three sets of strings: 1 Aquila (scavanged from another uke), 1 Worth Clear, and 1 Worth Brown.

I'm asking $875 for everything, shipped. Paypal is fine.

Some pics:

Kan_k1-01.jpgKan_k1-03.jpgKan_k1-04.jpgKan_k1-07.jpg

Mahaloz for looking

Oh, I should mention that this uke is in virtually immaculate condition. Absolutely no damage or structural problems. The frets are level and dressed, there are no cracks, finish glitches, separations, etc. I always wiped it down after play, never let it rest in harms way, and it was kept in a completely smoke free home.

Good luck with the pup, PoiDog. Lab, right? How old?

Sorry -- highjacking -- good luck with the sale as well.

I am sorry to hear about your pup and needing to sell your uke.

To anyone looking for an awesome Hawaiian-made tenor, Kanile'a is the best I have personally found so far and I have been through a few. These run around $1,300+ new when you add in a case, tax and shipping!

Bump for the pup.

Aloha Poi Doggie,
You are a good man bruddah....I hope your your doggie well and good luck with the sale....

Hope everything goes well with your doggie mate. Poorly dogs make me sad :(

Big mahaloz to everyone for your nice words for my little girl.

On the plus side, it's just cataract surgery, so it isn't complicated or anything like that (she already went through her scare-us-to-death event about two years ago with a five pound tumor attached to her spleen. Just a benign hematoma, thankfully). But it is hella expensive, and she is 15. We might not have even considered it, but she is also deaf, and so she does really need her eyes.

Anyway, thanks so much again. Puck (black) is very appreciative of all the support and nice wishes. Her sister Anabelle (brown) is a bit jealous, but understands.

DSC00386.jpg

Oh, and Connor, Puck totally looks like a lab, but she's a beagle-spaniel mix. A Speagle.

Last edited:
My family is the same: "To Hell with everything else-let's get the Dog fixed up."
and...you can always get another Uke

Hey PoiDog. What is your PayPal account? My dog Darby and I would like to send you some cash to help you save Puck's vision and possibly save your Uke.

I would really hate for you to sell your Uke but understand. Ukes are replaceable, friends are not.

Jim

Last edited:
Hey PoiDog. What is your PayPal account? My dog Darby and I would like to send you some cash to help you save Puck's vision and possibly save your Uke.

I would really hate for you to sell your Uke but understand. Ukes are replaceable, friends are not.

Jim

That's a wonderful idea Jim. I can't afford much right now but could put in a few bucks. I know how much you've loved that Kanile'a.

Pat

That's a wonderful idea Jim. I can't afford much right now but could put in a few bucks. I know how much you've loved that Kanile'a.

Pat

Count me in as well. If there is a way to help the dog and save the ukulele, I can't give much right now, but I'm in for what I can. That Kanile'a means a lot to you and I would like to help you keep it if possible.

Last edited:

Jim

Pat

Count me in as well. If there is a way to help the dog and save the ukulele, I can't give much right now, but I'm in for what I can. That Kanile'a means a lot to you and I would like to help you keep it if possible.

Me, too, absolutely.

Wow ... thanks so much to all of you for this incredible offer. Honestly, I have no idea what to say. In fact, my wife was even more stunned.

As much as I would like to take all of you up on it, I honestly couldn't. While times are tight, at least my wife and I have jobs, so it wouldn't be right. I'll get some extra cash by selling the uke and the guitars for now, and go the old fashioned belt-tightening after that. Besides, my nephews and nieces don't need that many xmas gifts :)

Again, thanks so much for such wonderful generosity. I'll find a temporary use soon enough, and after my dog is back to normal, I'll start saving my pennies and when I've got enough, I'll find another good fit -- just like I did for the Kanile'a.

I am sorry to hear about your pup and needing to sell your uke.

To anyone looking for an awesome Hawaiian-made tenor, Kanile'a is the best I have personally found so far and I have been through a few. These run around $1,300+ new when you add in a case, tax and shipping!

Bump for the pup.

PoiDog
sorry about your doggy..(i guessing it is a poidog?)

but Teek i saw a gloss Kanilea tenor (brand new..with a hard case) sold at HMS in Haleiwa(the ukulelesite) go out the door for less than a thousand..this person got a real good deal..maybe she was in the right place at the right time?

Last edited:
This has been sold to kvehe!

I'd just like to thank everyone again for their generosity and their kindness in offering to help with donations. Kanaka had a thread up about a week ago talking about the definition of aloha spirit. Well, I think we all have that now.

mahalo nui loa, everyone.

PS: Puck says thanks, too
Puck_091027_01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom