Music To Watch Girls By

The Ukelites

Reaction score
Today we recorded a song with an interesting history: (Wikipedia says:)

"Music to Watch Girls By" was the first Top 40 hit by Bob Crewe using his own name, recorded by his group The Bob Crewe Generation. Crewe first heard the song performed in a "jingle demo" for a Diet Pepsi commercial.
Other instrumental versions of the song were recorded by Billy Vaughn, Chet Atkins, Al Hirt and Walter Wanderley. The version by Andy Williams went to #34 in the United States, and after it was used in a Fiat ad in the UK, the re-released single reached the top ten. In 1967 Leonard Nimoy covered the song, renamed "Music To Watch Space Girls By" (a pre-space disco and Trek-related version) for his debut album Leonard Nimoy Presents Mr. Spock's Music From Outer Space.

Here's our version:

I think the only thing more fun than listening to your brilliant musicianship is watching the fun bi-play going on between the two of you in your clips. Another wonderful offering you guys...

(BTW...finally got the tshirt, THANKYOU!!! It only arrived in the middle of last week... I was getting worried it would never make it!!! Looking forward to spreading some love for The Ukelites around Tasmania once the weather warms up a bit :)) Cheers and many thanks Steffen and Miriam.

I think the only thing more fun than listening to your brilliant musicianship is watching the fun bi-play going on between the two of you in your clips. Another wonderful offering you guys...

(BTW...finally got the tshirt, THANKYOU!!! It only arrived in the middle of last week... I was getting worried it would never make it!!! Looking forward to spreading some love for The Ukelites around Tasmania once the weather warms up a bit :)) Cheers and many thanks Steffen and Miriam.

Hi Jon,

we're glad you got the shirt! We hope the weather will soon be warm enough for you to wear it. We would feel honoured to see you wearing a Ukelites Tee. At the moment we have a wonderful Indian summer here and in two week the annual horror, the OKTOBERFEST, starts.
Cheers! Miriam and Steffen

Top Bottom