A question for Canadian UU members

Kraft

Reaction score
Hello UU! I have a couple quick questions for you. Are there any Canadian ukulele events/festivals/conventions? Also, are there any UU members in Alberta that would want to help start a yearly uke meetup for all skill levels and ages? I think meeting and playing alongside other UU members would be great fun! Let me know what you think and feel free to leave suggestions.

Thanks,
~Kraft

Nothing much yet - in Canada the uke is still behind the USA and Europe in popularity. I believe there are some uke events within other events - at folk festivals in Nova Scotia and Ottawa. The Corktown Ukulele Jam happens every Wednesday night in Toronto, and there's a monthly uke jam at Broadway Music in Orangeville. Aside from that, I don't know of other regular uke events in Canada.

Hello UU! I have a couple quick questions for you. Are there any Canadian ukulele events/festivals/conventions? Also, are there any UU members in Alberta that would want to help start a yearly uke meetup for all skill levels and ages? I think meeting and playing alongside other UU members would be great fun! Let me know what you think and feel free to leave suggestions.

Thanks,
~Kraft
I'm in Calgary
I think James hill has something in B.C. once a year that's a convention for all types of players. .
If you goto this site it's his site that promotes music in Canadian schools. Here
There is a Uke group that meet at 'big note music' here in Calgary every Tuesday
James Hills website also has lots of information as well .
Here

Thanks for the information, I Hope the uke becomes more popular here, its never a bad thing for the community to grow.

British Columbia
Aloha Ukullele Weekend Nanaimo/Parksville July
VIVO ! The 2012 Langley Ukulele Workshop October 2012
Vancouver Island Ukulele Workshop January 2013
Vancouver Ukulele Festival February 2013

I don't know if any of the above are of any use to you, as they are in BC.

You guys have Zoe! What more could you want?

I don't know much about Alberta, but BC seems to have a bunch of Ukulele Circles scattered around.

Last edited:
Top Bottom