Beautiful new Banjo uke

Livetosculpt

Reaction score
One of a kind Soprano scaled banjo uke. Mahogany neck and pot with Ebony fret board and headstock over lay. All hand cut custom inlay. 5 star planetary tuners with ebony buttons. Bone nut and ebony tipped bridge with Aquila strings. Hand made 24k gold plated tension hoop. Remo "Ebony" 8" head. Anything that could not be bought in gold was stripped and 24k gold plated. This uke has plenty of volume, and a very warm mellow tone with great sustain.
This is a new instrument completed in 2012. It has been shown and demonstrated a few times but is in as new condition. will include a hard shell case.
Built by "the Uker of OZ" in Port Washington, WI (www.theukerofoz.com for more info on builder). $1200.00
Contact my friend at www.theukerofoz.com, it's one of his new builds, and he is the seller.BanjoUke1.jpgBanjoUke2.jpgBanjoUke3.jpgBanjoUke4.jpgBanjoUke5.jpg

Ummm, whoa!

That is one sweet banjo uke. I dig my new (old) Gibson, but...

Good luck with the sale.

Beautiful iinstrument, also allota coin...

Thanks everyone! I'm really proud of this instrument, and appreciate the nice comments very much.
The case that's included is this one bought through Elderly:

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/items/EBUC1.htm

Really nice case, and just the right size. It compliments this instrument very nicely. Contact me if you have any questions.
Todd
"the Uker of OZ"

....a Goth banjolele?

That thing is stunning.:drool:

Shipping...

I will include shipping to the US lower 48 at this price.
This instrument needs a happy home!

Todd
"the Uker of OZ"

Do you make others? It is a beautiful uke but the skull and crossbones are not my thing. I am sure this will make someone really happy though

Others...

I do make other flavors too. Most of the time they're built to order, so I rarely have "stock" on hand.... This is the first "dark" one that I've done...wanted to try something different.

Todd
"the Uker of OZ"

Hi Todd.
How do you like the starfire head as opposed to a banjo weatherking and the like?

I do make other flavors too. Most of the time they're built to order, so I rarely have "stock" on hand.... This is the first "dark" one that I've done...wanted to try something different.

Todd
"the Uker of OZ"

I haven't actually used a Starfire head for one of my banjo, so I can't speak to that specifically. But I have tried other "drum" heads, and they all have different properties. Any drum head will "work" as a banjo uke head (providing the size and the outer rim will work with the instrument). I have always had really good luck with the Remo Fiberskin heads...that's what I put on most of my instruments (my customers really like them too), they sound good and look the part. The Ebony head on this uke has a very warm tone, with very good volume.

There are so many factors that play into what a banjo uke will sound like...I'm always learning.

Todd
"the Uker of OZ"

Thanks very much, todd, that makes sense- fiberskyn is very suitable for the banjos- BTW, with Starfire I referred to the gold, silver and black ones that Remo is now making. Diameters are a challenge, I use random bowls and sometimes I have to get plasticky world instrument heads that just do not sound right.

I haven't actually used a Starfire head for one of my banjo, so I can't speak to that specifically. But I have tried other "drum" heads, and they all have different properties. Any drum head will "work" as a banjo uke head (providing the size and the outer rim will work with the instrument). I have always had really good luck with the Remo Fiberskin heads...that's what I put on most of my instruments (my customers really like them too), they sound good and look the part. The Ebony head on this uke has a very warm tone, with very good volume.

There are so many factors that play into what a banjo uke will sound like...I'm always learning.

Todd
"the Uker of OZ"

Price drop....

1100 shipped to the US lower 48, with hard shell case.

Todd
"the Uker of OZ"

OBO?......Considering Offers.....

Ok folks, I'd really like to find a home for this one. I will consider offers if anyone is interested.

This is a great instrument....and you will not be disappointed in the sound or the craftsmanship!

Contact me if you are interested, let's see if we can work something out.

Todd
"the Uker of OZ"

Top Bottom