Installed my first "Pegheads"

Livetosculpt

Reaction score
This was nerve wracking until I forced myself to do it! Just like all of the other steps. The installation of the Peghead tuning machines was actually quite easy. The tapering of the first hole felt a bit tricky at first, but once I did it, the other five were a breeze. These are very nice tuning machines, very smooth and accurate.

Attachments

• requinto#1.jpg
    requinto#1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 178
  • requinto#2.jpg
    requinto#2.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 188
  • requinto#3.jpg
    requinto#3.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 168
Your headstock is a bit thick. However, and this is a biggie, I just love the conceit of your volute... 11/10, A* as they say here in the UK. Wish i had the time and patience to do similar work. Great Stuff :)

Thanks. It does seem to take me forever to build these...but I am getting faster as I go. The headstock might appear a bit thick, but everything is well balanced and it looks proportional to the instrument. I'm trying koa next, with maybe a little different body design.

The volute is actually very ergonomic. The left hand nestles nicely up to it without the volute getting in the way.

Your headstock is a bit thick. However, and this is a biggie, I just love the conceit of your volute... 11/10, A* as they say here in the UK. Wish i had the time and patience to do similar work. Great Stuff :)

Beautiful work. I did a similar thing on a guitar slotted peghead but i like yours better. IMG_1781.jpg

It looks like the Pegheads protrude an appropriate amount on the face plate so I'm guessing these are the longer sized tuners. The 7mm I don't think would work with a HS that thick. It's hard for me to be sure without actually seeing the instrument in person.

Personnaly, I'm not a fan of volutes but yours is really elegant. Great work.

This design has a beautiful flow to it. Super cool look. Would love to play it. What's the scale. 20"ish? Body fits a baritone case?

Hi Andrew,

It's an 18" scale length and fits perfectly in the Boulder Alpine series case that Rick Turner uses for his compass rose tenor uke. I don't know how to play six string yet, but I am beginning to learn. Once I come up with something that sounds half way decent, I'll try to figure out how to do a sound file and post it. I'm working on some Mississippi John Hurt fingerstyle blues stuff that's pretty simple, maybe I'll have something ready in a week.

This design has a beautiful flow to it. Super cool look. Would love to play it. What's the scale. 20"ish? Body fits a baritone case?

Top Bottom