WTB hard case for a concert ukulele

bigdoggy

Reaction score
Hello all. First post. glad to be here. Want to buy a really good hardcase for my daughters Pono concert ukulele. Shipping will be to ontario Canada or can pick up if around the toronto area. I want this case to last a long time for many ukulele's to come. Also what is the thought on humidity control. From what i am reading here in ontario, i think it is a must. Any products i should definitely consider? thanks for any and all input.

Bill

Also, would gladly welcome brand names of cases or models which would do a great job.

Last edited:
No one even has any suggestions for the better name brand cases that are quality built? Or best method for tackling humidity in a case?
Hopefully get some input, thank you.

No one even has any suggestions for the better name brand cases that are quality built? Or best method for tackling humidity in a case?
Hopefully get some input, thank you.

I'm a big fan of these Kala cases and they even have a hygrometer in them:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kala-Checke...955?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c6148efcb

And I like the Herco Humidifiers as they seem to work fine and they are inexpensive:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herco-HE360...484?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item2c680e6394

Case

Check also Ohau cases from Ebay dealer in Hawaii great case and super to deal with and #2 Herco and check Pickers Supply in Fredricksburg Virginia they have a case made of plastic very strong and nice inside from Stone Case Company. Good shopping

Last edited:
The folks at String Along out in Hamilton carries Ohana hard cases and can also get the Kala ones. They have the lowest prices in the city that I've seen. I bought an Ohana hardcase from them last year. Still going strong. Elayne is great to deal with. They also carry the Oasis humidifiers. www.stringalongukulele.ca

String along carries ohana hard cases, taxes are included for prices posted on their website.

Broadway music in orangeville has some hard cases. They usually come down to Toronto during Wednesdays corkjam on queen street. Owners are really nice and very helpful.

For the winter, I'd get a hygrometer for the room where I store my ukes, and a big humidifier to keep things consistent. But that's just me.

I've had good luck with Oscar Schmidt or Musician's Gear concert cases, decently built, good protection, and usually available under $40 shipped to your door.

Actually I just had some rockcases and they are fantastic. Really solid and padded, really light.

thank you so much for the info and suggestions. I am well equipped to get a case now. I appreciate the time you took to assist me. Thanks and will post which case and a pic of the ukulele in its new home!

Top Bottom