Pop, Rock and R&B song suggestions for the Uke?

VaGoddess

Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if any of you play any Newer pop, rock and/or R&B songs on your uke? Since I like a lot of music in those genres, it would be fun to play them on my Uke! I'm mainly playing a RipTide Tenor (Low G) right now, because of the more mellow sound. Also, nice fingering picking song suggestions are welcomed, too! Thanks!

-Ashley

Last edited:
I play Route 66,Chuck Berry's 'Around and Around',
Creedence's 'Up Around The Bend','Proud Mary' &
'Bad Moon Rising',Amen Corner's 'Bend Me,Shape Me'
and a lot of Beatles up tempo stuff on my ukes.If you
like it and it works,just go for it!
As an old rocker myself,these things come naturally
to me,and as the uke is a proper instrument (as we
all know,and not some fancy 'toy'!) you can play
pretty much anything that you want to!

Pop - Price Tag - Jessie J
Rock - Honky Tonk Women - Rolling Stones
R&B - Mustang Sally

Hi! I was wondering if any of you play any pop, rock and/or R&B songs on your uke? Since I like a lot of music in those genres, it would be fun to play them on my Uke! I'm mainly playing a RipTide Tenor (Low G) right now, because of the more mellow sound. Also, nice fingering picking song suggestions are welcomed, too! Thanks!

-Ashley

http://www.scorpexuke.com/songs.html . . . Pick one, any one

I recently found a really good songbook series on ebay, Ukulele Playlist. The books have popular songs from the 60's thru the 90s. Or check out chordie.com.

Thanks for all the suggestions! Anyone know of any Newer songs? I usually check YouTube. Just wondering if there are other websites that have current music!

Thanks for all the suggestions! Anyone know of any Newer songs? I usually check YouTube. Just wondering if there are other websites that have current music!

This thread might give you some ideas. Doesn't exactly answer your question about websites, but it's certainly illustrative of contemporary music on ukulele!

HAHAHA...You must be one of the young ones in this forum and young being relative

Yea, I'm pretty young, ha ha...it's not that I don't like the older music...I just REALLY like the curret stuff! LOL

I'm loving this site - tons of new stuff: http://ukutabs.com/... I'm trying to stay away from "Call Me Maybe" because I know it would be my signature song if I learned it. Search by artist alphabetically at the top of the page, or just go to the top 99 hits section.

Last edited:
Among recent alternative rock songs, I've found "Ambling Alp" by Yeasayer and "Buildings & Mountains" by Republic Tigers work well on uke. For pop songs, "Evacuate the Dancefloor" is fun to play, but my voice is wrong for it.

anything by taylor swift :) seriously, though, i tend to play a lot of taylor swift and weezer (check out my YT for proof). i definitely prefer playing the newer stuff too, whether it be more recent alternative/indie or pop. i consider myself a bit of a music snob with pop sensibilities.

anything by taylor swift :) seriously, though, i tend to play a lot of taylor swift and weezer (check out my YT for proof). i definitely prefer playing the newer stuff too, whether it be more recent alternative/indie or pop. i consider myself a bit of a music snob with pop sensibilities.

You are definitely a music snob with pop sensibilities cuz I verified with your friends, talk to my friends, talk to me! LOL

Well, I like the same type of music...I guess I may be a music snob with pop sensibilities! Lol! :D Where do you get the tabs for all these songs? I saw a few tab books in Guitar Center...or do you just search YT tutorials? I usually learn the songs, that I'm interested in, through YT.

Last edited:
Well, I like the same type of music...I guess I may be a music snob with pop sensibilities! Lol! :D Where do you get the tabs for all these songs? I saw a few tab books in Guitar Center...or do you just search YT tutorials? I usually learn the songs, that I'm interested in, through YT.

for most of the pop stuff, you can usually find the chords on "ultimate guitar" or some other similar site (chordie, etc.). for the rest, i just figure it out. and, yes, YT is always a good source. btw, a lot of taylor swift's stuff is in "G" :)

Top Bottom