Koa baritone six string is almost here...

osogris

Reaction score
One more week to go, having one made here in Tijuana. Pics of unfinished uke from today are attached; I'm pretty excited. Will \have the final product next week.

Attachments

• DSCF3804.jpg
    DSCF3804.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSCF3805.jpg
    DSCF3805.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF3806.jpg
    DSCF3806.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 35
At the risk of bringing down the wrath of Hawaiian gods... What's the difference between a six string baritone uke and a 3/4 guitar? :confused:

Last edited:
Congratulations! Nice looking ukulele! I just ordered a 6-string mahogany baritone from Mya-Moe, after having fallen in love with a 6-string Pono tenor I bought on impulse. I wouldn't have predicted this, but I think I actually prefer 6-strings to 8-strings. Please keep us updated on the progress of your ukulele. I'm curious to hear how it sounds.

Thanks! I saw one of the mye-moe six string baritone's on youtube; which sounded very nice. Once I figure out how to get a sound sample on line, I'll put something up.
thanks again,

Clinton

Oh thanks for the enlightenment guys. So it's kind of a hybrid between the 8 string Uke and a standard Uke. Hmm, interesting concept. I look forward to hearing your sample Clinton - Greetings from Catalonia - Berni

Congratulations! Nice looking ukulele! I just ordered a 6-string mahogany baritone from Mya-Moe, after having fallen in love with a 6-string Pono tenor I bought on impulse. I wouldn't have predicted this, but I think I actually prefer 6-strings to 8-strings. Please keep us updated on the progress of your ukulele. I'm curious to hear how it sounds.

:agree: I too prefer 6 strings to 8, especially with some creative tuning possible with an 8 string set of Southcoasts

Oh thanks for the enlightenment guys. So it's kind of a hybrid between the 8 string Uke and a standard Uke. Hmm, interesting concept. I look forward to hearing your sample Clinton - Greetings from Catalonia - Berni

Thanks Berni! Y saludos (o salutacions) de Tijuana, Mexico

Re guitar vs 6 string uke, just for sizing alone and scale; a 3/4 size guitar would also be about 36-38 inches long or so with a 24 inch scale, I think. A bari uke at a 20 inch scale is closer to a half size which has about a 22.5 inch (530mm) scale, and an even smaller guitar like my 19" scale Tacoma Papoose is closer to a 1/8 size. I think a 1/8 is the same as tenor uke scale of 17 inches, like the Yamaha Guitalele, which is really a 1/8 guitar, no uke really in the DNA but a good marketing ploy.

I own a four string all Hawaiian koa
baritone uke and I enjoy it as you will yours. Even if my finger isn't long enuff to cover the entire fret from 7th and higher.

Top Bottom