Wine Country Ukulele Festival

mikemulqueen

Reaction score
The 5th Annual Wine Country Ukulele Festival turned out to be a fun time had by all ! First off the location was in St Helena in Wine Country, some of the most scenic beautiful spots in Northern California. The music went on all day and was amazing. Daniel Ho, Sarah Maisel, Janet Klein, Paul Hemmings , Ken Middleton, Steve Espaniola, Gerald ross,etc... Met some great people, saw some friends from UU and overall had a great time ! Moku Ukes were proud to be a part of such a great Ukulele Festival-Kudos to Elaine from Kani Ka Pila . I took some pics on my facebook page-;)
www.facebook.com/Mokuukes

The 5th Annual Wine Country Ukulele Festival turned out to be a fun time had by all ! First off the location was in St Helena in Wine Country, some of the most scenic beautiful spots in Northern California. The music went on all day and was amazing. Daniel Ho, Sarah Maisel, Janet Klein, Paul Hemmings , Ken Middleton, Steve Espaniola, Gerald ross,etc... Met some great people, saw some friends from UU and overall had a great time ! Moku Ukes were proud to be a part of such a great Ukulele Festival-Kudos to Elaine from Kani Ka Pila . I took some pics on my facebook page-;)
www.facebook.com/Mokuukes

It was a pleasure meeting you, I hope your time at the festival leads to more exposure and sales. I was really impressed with the quality and tone of your ukes. I've got my eye on that spruce top cutaway :)

-Gary

Last edited:
Great meeting and chatting with you, Mike. See you again soon, I hope.

And Mr. Middleton, it was your video reviews (before you started with Ohana), that taught me what to look for and what I wanted in a ukulele. Thank you. I learned a great deal from you. -Gary

Glad it went well for you, Mike, and nice to see you again, and nice to see you're expanding your line.

You're sure right about the music, and it's such a casual and intimate venue. And for me it was a lot of fun just talking to the vendors and seeing the latest models, an amazing concentration of luthier craft and knowledge.

I had a great time at the WCUF as well, although by having signed up for eight workshops in two days, I missed most of the music and didn't see as many people (like Dougf) as I'd hoped. Mike, I didn't get to meet you but I had a chance to look at your ukes and I was very impressed. It may be time for me to pick one of my ukuleles to replace with a Moku uke. Ken, it was great seeing you again. I got to watch your set on Sunday and enjoyed it very much. And next year I'm signing up for one of your workshops; all my friends who took a workshop with you raved about you and your workshops all weekend. Gary, always great to see you, and it was nice meeting your son. I may follow your lead and sign up for fewer workshops next year so I can see more of the entertainment and schmooze more.

Elaine gave another great party. Already looking forward to next years event.

Gary- it was nice meeting you too ! I'll be getting the Moku Selects in again about a month or so -will keep you posted !! Had a BLAST at the Wine Country Uke Fest !
Thanks
Mike@ MOku Ukuleles

Glad it went well for you, Mike, and nice to see you again, and nice to see you're expanding your line.

You're sure right about the music, and it's such a casual and intimate venue. And for me it was a lot of fun just talking to the vendors and seeing the latest models, an amazing concentration of luthier craft and knowledge.
Doug -good seeing you too- I really liked your handmade uke !! Nice tonewoods !!!
Mike@MOku

Top Bottom