Looking for Concert Uke, tuned, under $100 (w/ S&H)

kojimagtr

Reaction score
Any one know any other places on the net that will tune them before shipping aside from eBay sellers for under $100?

Why would you want it tuned before shipping? It's kind of dangerous keeping an instrument at full tension while shipping. And anyway, it's just going to go out of tune with an hour or two of playing...

Yeah, you're going to want to learn how to tune the uke yourself, if that's why you want it tuned before shipping.

And why do you not want to go through eBay?

Yeah, you're going to want to learn how to tune the uke yourself, if that's why you want it tuned before shipping.

And why do you not want to go through eBay?

he must have some bad experiences with the whole ebay system i know i have sadly:(

Yeah, bad experiences, and I'm not sure what to look for seeing as this is my first uke.

About the tuning, I've never tuned anything before, and am not sure how to do it. Although, now I see your points.

Take a look at this:

MAKALA Concert UKULELE STARTER PACK aquila's w/SETUP

I know it's an eBay item, but I can vouch for the seller, and so can dozens of members here. The seller is a member here, actually. He gives you a free set up, new Aquila strings, a case, a chordbook, a teaching book, and a pitchpipe for tuning.

Take a look at this:

MAKALA Concert UKULELE STARTER PACK aquila's w/SETUP

I know it's an eBay item, but I can vouch for the seller, and so can dozens of members here. The seller is a member here, actually. He gives you a free set up, new Aquila strings, a case, a chordbook, a teaching book, and a pitchpipe for tuning.

Yep, MGM is a good seller. Plenty of us have bought from him. He sets up every uke nicely, and packages things great.

I got that package through MGM, then ordered a clip on tuner. I was a little nervous about having to tune, to tell the truth, but those clip-ons make it EASY. You just tighten until it shows the desired note- like C- and then keep going until the little dial hits the center line.

DEFINITELY recommend MGM, though you'll want a clipon tuner.

Don't be put off by tuning. When I girst got interested in playing guitar, I didn't get one for about 3 years because I thought tuning would take all of the fun out of it. But in reality it takes about 30 seconds with an electronic tuner and it take no effort whatsoever. You can get a great tuner for $20 or less.

I bought that set up that Seeso posted. I had been looking on ebay, and had already found him, but was a little skeptical on the purchase, but got over it.

Should be here within The week, I hope.

Will ANY guitar tuner work or a specific one for a Uke?

Top Bottom