Brazilian Rosewood anyone?

DeVineGuitars

Reaction score
Here's a little tenor I just finished. Can't think of anything that makes me happier than Brazilian rosewood and redwood top!!!
D3S_0709.jpgD3S_0713.jpgD3S_0733.jpgD3S_0753.jpg

Wow! Stunning as always! I always love to look at the photos you put up. Thanks for sharing.

Incredible rosewood! Gorgeous instrument! Killing me!

Very well done Eric. It is elegant yet not over adorned......perfect.

I'd love to hear it. I hope Puapua makes a video of it.

I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks. Redwood my new favorite soundboard wood, especially with something like rosewood. :drool:

That is some tight redwood :drool:......Beautiful work as always
Love that tight redwood. This stuff was even hard to count. I lost count at 54 lines per inch in the center. The outside was more like 45, but I guess it will do.:rolleyes:

Love that tight redwood. This stuff was even hard to count. I lost count at 54 lines per inch in the center. The outside was more like 45, but I guess it will do.:rolleyes:

WOW..real nice!!
nice to see you on the site!! ..take care!

Last edited:
Aloha Eric,
Another masterpiece, and more pictures to drool by.

I'm against using Brazilian rosewood for musical instruments because it's an endangered species, but I did once own an old Stetson mandolin (I loaned it to my sister, and she left it in her car, where it broke). There are plenty of older instruments available made of Brazilian rosewood, and I don't see the need to make new ones.

I'm against using Brazilian rosewood for musical instruments because it's an endangered species, but I did once own an old Stetson mandolin (I loaned it to my sister, and she left it in her car, where it broke). There are plenty of older instruments available made of Brazilian rosewood, and I don't see the need to make new ones.

I'd love to be against this particular piece of rosewood. PLAYING IT.

This is amazing Eric, cant wait to see it today. For the rest of you; Ill make sure and get a video and plenty of pictures up ASAP!!!

-Sean

I'm quite sure this would be salvaged Brazilian rosewood. I can't imagine Eric is going down and buying from dodgy Brazilian suppliers.

It's definitely my favourite Devine so far.

I'm quite sure this would be salvaged Brazilian rosewood. I can't imagine Eric is going down and buying from dodgy Brazilian suppliers.

It's definitely my favourite Devine so far.
Yes, it is salvaged from a structural beam from a building that was built in the early 1900's. You just don't see Brazilian like this stuff these days. It's pretty easy to tell the difference, it feels and sounds very different.

Top Bottom