ukulele on the CMA's

i watched the CMA's yesterday. how about them over-the-top sets for the performances? they really went all out!

as for the George Strait number, i completely missed any ukulele part. hopefully, there will be video up on the CMA or CMT websites soon.

Yea they did a good job, The engineering was horrible though....They totally ruined Taylor swifts song, The banjo sounded like an MIDI effect because it was way loud, You couldn't hear the violin, guitarist and her vocal volumes were messed up and the treble was way high on it :eek:

The CMA's used to be the best engineered award show out there......Guess L.A engineers have arrived in Nashville :uhoh:

yeah, you could hardly hear Taylor Swift's voice, but i was too distracted by the kind of, okay VERY cheesy "princess meets prince" set.

the opening Paisley/Urban performance was smoking hot, as was the Kenny Chesney/Wailers medley.

i know squat about engineering so i'll take your word for it. but that was a really entertaining awards show. kind of puts MTV to shame.

but that was a really entertaining awards show. kind of puts MTV to shame.

anything puts MTV to shame!!! I'd rather watch an ad for "Head-On".

The CMA's were great!!!! Never thought I would live to be listening to Country and Western over Rock, but I guess what passes for Rock today....
and you can only hear Stairway and Freebird so many times....

(radio edit)
Ok there is still some decent rock out there (Chevelle)

Last edited:
I think there's some excellent rock today. Seether, Shinedown, Alter Bridge, Chevelle, I could go on. But meh, to each their own.

I was at work while the awards were on.. I'd really love to see the Urban/Paisley thing because Paisley is such an amazing guitar player. And of course I'd like to see the Uke too.

the cma was awsome. got to see 3 of my girlfriends =P
Kid rock did an AWESOME job on his song. he sucked when he sang on good morning america. only time i was upset was when the eagles played. yes it is a good song but i was soo looking forward to something a lil more up beat and having joe walsh get in some good licks on the guitar.

If only Taylor Swift played the uke. Then she'd be perfect. :B Not that I've ever heard her music, but...

wait she's legal right

only time i was upset was when the eagles played. yes it is a good song but i was soo looking forward to something a lil more up beat and having joe walsh get in some good licks on the guitar.

i totally agree. joe walsh looked so bored up there.

Joe Walsh always looks like he is three sheets to the wind. I've heard a interview or two that have reinforced that impression. I suspect he may have popped a few too many pills or shots of Jack Daniel's (or both) a few miles back. Still, he's one of the brothers...

If only Taylor Swift played the uke. Then she'd be perfect. :B Not that I've ever heard her music, but...

wait she's legal right

Excuse me for reviving an old topic.. but she does play Uke :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyRCXtRPOI
(apparently her record company wouldn't let her play this song on guitar in that performance because the album wasn't released yet, so she played it on uke)
Now that's some hot ukulele rebellion!
NOW CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THAT UKE?

Search "Ukulele" on this interview too
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chartblog/2009/02/taylor_swift_the_interview.shtml

Last edited:
Excuse me for reviving an old topic.. but she does play Uke :eek:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HyRCXtRPOI
(apparently her record company wouldn't let her play this song on guitar in that performance because the album wasn't released yet, so she played it on uke)
Now that's some hot ukulele rebellion!
NOW CAN ANYONE IDENTIFY THAT UKE?

Search "Ukulele" on this interview too
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chartblog/2009/02/taylor_swift_the_interview.shtml

wow, great find! very cool to see her playing a uke onstage.

Makes sense that there'd be a uke in the song, as he mentions one in the lyrics...
I got a little ukulele, let me sing you a song.
Got a stream of kisses about ten miles long.
Dancing on the water in the moonlight beach.
Sparkling down through the sea of dreams.
Ta-da! I heart google.

Top Bottom