good news for those with UAS

russ_buss

Reaction score
hey all,

just passing along a deal my friend told me about getting 25% cashback on ebay purchases:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/838081/

the deal only works on "buy it now" auctions. i tried it the other day to make sure it still works and it does. i scored 25% cashback on an MGM purchase. the cash will be available for me to withdraw in 2 months. check out the link for all the messy details. you MUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS detailed in the link in order to score the deal.

happy shopping!

Sweet. This may sway me from getting the Lanikai acoustic-electric tenor from musician's friend. MGM stuff is mo' bettah, and this makes the deal sweet enough to jump on.

What'd you pick up, Russ?

Sweet. This may sway me from getting the Lanikai acoustic-electric tenor from musician's friend. MGM stuff is mo' bettah, and this makes the deal sweet enough to jump on.

What'd you pick up, Russ?

mo' bettah indeed, haha!

bought a mango pono for somebody in my family. got $91 cashback! gonna blow it on something sensible, like beer.

Now if MGM removes those "Best Offer" tags and cut straight to his best price, I'd be in trouble...:p

Thanks Russ,
Got 25% cashback and 10% ebay coupon for a MGM purchase. With 35% discount, I wanted to buy everything, but settled for just one:p

I guess I'm just stupid. I see the 10% coupon, but I can't figure out the 25%. I clicked watch. Now where do I go. The instructions say to click on one of the "working search terms" listed above----above where?

I guess I'm just stupid. I see the 10% coupon, but I can't figure out the 25%. I clicked watch. Now where do I go. The instructions say to click on one of the "working search terms" listed above----above where?

It took me a while to totally figure it out also. What I did was go to myebay, do searches and then click on "watch item" so that it stores in my ebay. Then, I go to live.com and create an account, once that is confirmed, use the search engine on live.com. If you type in say "nike shoes", it will show you hits and those sites that offer some form of cashback. If you type out say "Kanilea Ukulele", you will find the hit for MGM's ebay store, click on that and it will open up the ebay site while you are in live.com. I think you have 60 minutes to make your purchase. Go to "my ebay" and then click on the items that you were watching. At the top of the ebay page, you should see the cashback symbol with a % discount. Last night it was 25%. Click on "buy it now" (this won't confirm the purchase)you should be able to see how much cashback you will receive. After you commit to purchase, you have to pay by paypal. When you get to the paypal page, use your 10% coupon code for immediate one time savings. After paying, you will be instructed to check your messages in my ebay. Message may take a few minutes to show up in your box. From there you will be able to send the cashback to your live.com account. I read that it takes 60 days to receive it in your cashback account to prevent people from making money if returning the item.

fatwallet.com forum has 800+ responses to the post that Russ put up. You can read about problems that some purchases have had. If this thing works as good as it sounds, it would be a cool way to get a 25% rebate.

Another word of caution, many have been having problems getting their cashback, use at your own risk. I did get the initial 10% off using the coupon which was just the excuse I needed to feed my UAS.

Well, I guess this is not my lucky day. There is no cashback symbol at the top of the ebay page.

why is there always deals when i have no money?

Well, I guess this is not my lucky day. There is no cashback symbol at the top of the ebay page.

Remember, you can't access the cashback by just logging onto ebay. You need to be logged on to live.com, and do a search from their search engine.

I did the search through live.com.... but I think I know what's wrong... I don't have a live.com account. That looks like another bucket of worms.

Okay. I signed up for live.com, searched for MGM, found my item in watching, clicked on it, and still no cashback symbol anywhere.

Top Bottom