My Dolphin

mangorockfish

Reaction score
Ok, here's the deal. Keep in mind that I have two Mainlands, concert and tenor in gloss mahogany and a very nice Big Island Koa cut-a-way tenor. All three are fantastic ukes. Well today while waiting to unload, I grabbed my red Dolphin out of the sleeper and wailed on a couple of Bob Dylan tunes and this Dolphin just knocked me out! I put a set of Freemont Black Lines on it a few weeks back and now it is the most awesome sounding uke I have ever heard. I'm thinking about putting a set of really nice tuners on it and are you ready for this? Sending it to Mike at UkeRepublic for a great set-up and a MiSi pick-up. I wish this had been the first uke I bought, I'd be $$ ahead. I'll keep you up to date on what's happening with it. I may turn it into a #2. Stevie Ray's guitar was #1. Stay tuned.

Wow! I may have to try those strings as well! I think I have some around - thanks for letting us know about your great find.

I love my Dolphins, too, but I don't think I could put a $120 pickup in a $45 uke. But if that's what you wanna do, more power to ya. I'd love to hear what it sounds like.

And I love Fremont strings, too.

I have a 25 rogue soprano and it is my favorite uke....my first one the second time around....actually I have three....ha ha I lied...must have bought at least 15 or more as gifts...ha ha

I recently helped my girlfriends daughter pick out a Dolphin. She is 25 years old and decided she wanted to learn to play. I can't believe how nice it sounds. I think it was $41.00 but, it sounded just as good as $4,100 in my opinion. :rolleyes:

The one we got for my daughter from uke republic sounds fantastic. The one my husband painted looks fantastic....

Last edited:
Yup, I bought a Dolphin for my son but quite regularly grab it up and strum away. I've even brought it to uke Club instead of one of my nicer ukes on occasion.

All of my ukes hang above my desk and it's the orange dolphin I reach for first most of the time. I've shown uncharacteristic restraint in limiting the pod to one. So far.

Top Bottom