PDA

View Full Version : ukulele players in hastings/bexhill uk?

Wongo
09-15-2012, 01:08 AM
hi i'm just trying to find out how many ukulele players there are in the hastings/ bexhill area southeast england. i have searched for clubs near me but the nearest to me is brighton :(

Wongo
09-17-2012, 11:12 PM
So it's just me. Now I feel all lonely

cherryaimless
10-26-2012, 03:13 AM
What we need to do is colonise a pub. There are two of us, and I'm sure there are more! So if three of us rock up, I'm sure we can start something. All it takes is a bit of forward planning. That's how the Alderney group started.... Now there are 21 of them...

DaniiiMansfieldMusic
11-10-2012, 06:31 AM
hi i'm just trying to find out how many ukulele players there are in the hastings/ bexhill area southeast england. i have searched for clubs near me but the nearest to me is brighton :(

There's plenty! I'm a uke player and there's a night every so often in the Roomz in st leonards called the ukulele caberet where loads of ukulele players gather. The manager himself is a uke dude :)

Wongo
11-10-2012, 07:03 AM
Have you got any details for it? Definitely want to go.

DaniiiMansfieldMusic
11-10-2012, 07:12 AM

Have you got any details for it? Definitely want to go.

If you go on facebook and searcg for the page "The Roomz" it'll come up, like it and you'll probably get an invite to the next one via facebook. They also do open mic nights every wednesday where i usually get up and do a few songs with my uke. It's a great vibe there and everyone is mega welcoming :)

Wongo
11-10-2012, 07:14 AM
If you go on facebook and searcg for the page "The Roomz" it'll come up, like it and you'll probably get an invite to the next one via facebook. They also do open mic nights every wednesday where i usually get up and do a few songs with my uke. It's a great vibe there and everyone is mega welcoming :)

I don't do Facebook I've managed this far without it. Any other way?

Wongo
11-10-2012, 07:14 AM
Do you have a YouTube page?

DaniiiMansfieldMusic
11-10-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't do Facebook I've managed this far without it. Any other way?

Haha wise choice. Well the Uke nights are always a random thing, never any set date until you find out about it. Best thing to do would be to pop down one wednesday for open mic and the manager will no doubt tell you how to keep in touch without facebook. He's a very friendly guy and as i said before, plays the uke himself
And i do indeed. The videos on there are from a while back and not too great, but it's http://www.youtube.com/daniitrixx or my reverbnation is http://www.reverbnation/daniimansfield

WilliamPike
11-19-2012, 06:44 AM
Hi I took up the Ukelele four months ago and I am look for a club did you get one up and running.

Wongo
11-20-2012, 08:35 AM
Hi I took up the Ukelele four months ago and I am look for a club did you get one up and running.

No I'm still looking. Where abouts are you?

Tonymac
04-10-2013, 08:26 PM

Hi, just seen your post and my wife and I are looking to start a group in Bexhill area.Let us know if you or anyone else is interested. We are going to check out the Roomz soon but would like to get a regular group night started in the area.

We are Tonymac and Paulamac and our son and daughter in law started the sussessful Alderney group.

Tonymac
04-17-2013, 09:38 AM

Hi there, well there's at least two more of us also looking to start up a get together. so where do we go from here? Perhaps you haven't seen our post 04-11-2013 yet.

Tonymac
04-20-2013, 12:51 AM
:)
What we need to do is colonise a pub. There are two of us, and I'm sure there are more! So if three of us rock up, I'm sure we can start something. All it takes is a bit of forward planning. That's how the Alderney group started.... Now there are 21 of them...

:)Hi, you're right ! There are two more of us interested in a uke group. The Alderney group was started by my son and daughteri-in-law.

Hope you see this and we can get in touch

Tonymac and Paulamac

kathyvee
01-29-2015, 12:49 AM
Hi. I just bought a ukulele and start lessons in February. There's a group in Pevensey that meet on Tuesday evenings. Contact Birds Music shop in Sackville road, Bexhill for details.

ColinWH
01-29-2016, 11:14 AM
Hi,
Is this group still active? Do the players singalong too?
Thanks
Colin

BTW I live in St Leonards - so interested in other local groups/clubs too!