Santa Cruz Vintage Artist dreadnought - $1750

melodicADD

Reaction score
Santa Cruz Vintage Artist. Santa Cruz makes a great dread like Martin or Collings.

This SCGC sounds great and has a Fishman active pick up. A recent upgrade is some stainless steel frets. I think they said that was a $600 upgrade. Awesome prewar D18 style acoustic for flatpickin bluegrass, folk, blues, etc. I really like it for fingerpickin too. I keep it humidified.

Here's a link for more about a similar SC VA. There's a video there too.
http://www.mapleleafmusic.com/guitar-acoustic/santa-cruz-vintage-artist

Asking $1750 firm. Plus $50 for shipping if out of state. Email for more info.

SCGC-VA1.jpgSCGC-VA2.jpgSCGC-VA3.jpgSCGC-VA4.jpg

Actually, the rules are 1,2,3
The pic is a suggestion...

How to Sell Ukuleles in the Marketplace: READ BEFORE POSTING
If you wish to sell anything in the marketplace you must provide these things in your post.

1. Picture of the actual ukulele being sold. Not a stock photo of the model
2. Reason why you are selling the instrument
3. Price and Terms (S&H etc)

To increase your chances of selling your ukulele, providing these things will also help.
- Video / Audio sample of the ukulele
- Time stamped picture with Ukulele Underground written on a piece of paper in front of the uke
- Not trying to sell something in your first post.

Members can request additional pictures and timestamp from new members. Remember, YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY ANYTHING IF YOU DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE AND CONFIDENT BUYING IT.

Please read this:

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...uleles-in-the-Marketplace-READ-BEFORE-POSTING

You need a Time stamped picture with Ukulele Underground written on a piece of paper in front of the instrument.

tumblr_m8gcrfdsEd1rt7esto2_1280.jpg

Santa Cruz Vintage Artist. Santa Cruz makes a great dread like Martin or Collings.

This SCGC sounds great and has a Fishman active pick up. A recent upgrade is some stainless steel frets. I think they said that was a $600 upgrade. Awesome prewar D18 style acoustic for flatpickin bluegrass, folk, blues, etc. I really like it for fingerpickin too. I keep it humidified.

Here's a link for more about a similar SC VA. There's a video there too.
http://www.mapleleafmusic.com/guitar-acoustic/santa-cruz-vintage-artist

Asking $1750 firm. Plus $50 for shipping if out of state. Email for more info.

View attachment 42958View attachment 42959View attachment 42960View attachment 42961

Not to put to fine a point on it, but this is a ukulele marketplace, not a guitar marketplace. I also have guitars for sale, but I don't list them on this site.

there are 3 guitar boards on UU, that may be a more appropriate place to post guitar related things, otherwise this could end up being an anything goes marketplace and the ukes will get buried. I may have been guilty of posting a guitar here once myself. I hated to post this as now the guitar is at the top of the uke heap. maybe it should be moved? mea culpa.

Not to be contrary, but I believe that although there is are guitar boards here, this is the only marketplace board. I personally don't mind the occasional guitar, as long as it's listed as a guitar in the heading so that people who don't want to look at a guitar for sale can skip threads with guitars for sale. Since many people here play guitar as well as ukulele and there's no specific guitar marketplace board, I'm not sure what the harm is of posting the occasional guitar for sale here.

Personally, I don't see what the problem is. There have been plenty of threads in here for instruments other than Ukes. The title clearly identifies it as a guitar, so if you're not in the market, don't click. The existence of guitar forums within UU would lead anyone to believe that the sale of them is acceptable. Don't want guitars ? Ask the mods to remove all the guitar forums.

I am stunned by the negative attitude of the know-it-alls who have chosen to derail someone's perfectly legitimate ad.

Yes, there is supposed to be a slip with a username and date in one of the pictures. You could have told the OP by PM instead of calling him/her out publicly.

Yes, there are some rules - you could have directed the OP to those rules by PM instead of calling him/her out publicly.

Yes, the OP is selling a guitar. It's a marketplace. Where else should the OP sell something? Maybe he/she wants the cash to buy a uke. I know plenty of other ukulele players who also play guitar. Why they do is beyond me - I don't have enough fingers for the stupid things, but it's not for me to tell them they can't - or to tell them they can't come to a place that actually has a guitar forum inside it to talk about and even, God forbid, try to sell a guitar.

If you have a have a beef with a post either get up the guts to politely address the issue privately with the original poster. If you don't have the guts, flag it for review by a moderator.

And yes, I am aware of the delicious irony of my posting this publicly when I'm raging that the original responses should have been private. But I figure both points of view should be represented.

To the original poster: I wish you the best of luck on your sale. I've heard great things about Santa Cruz guitars, and I'm sure someone will become its happy owner.

I am stunned by the negative attitude of the know-it-alls who have chosen to derail someone's perfectly legitimate ad.

Yes, there is supposed to be a slip with a username and date in one of the pictures. You could have told the OP by PM instead of calling him/her out publicly.

Yes, there are some rules - you could have directed the OP to those rules by PM instead of calling him/her out publicly.

Yes, the OP is selling a guitar. It's a marketplace. Where else should the OP sell something? Maybe he/she wants the cash to buy a uke. I know plenty of other ukulele players who also play guitar. Why they do is beyond me - I don't have enough fingers for the stupid things, but it's not for me to tell them they can't - or to tell them they can't come to a place that actually has a guitar forum inside it to talk about and even, God forbid, try to sell a guitar.

If you have a have a beef with a post either get up the guts to politely address the issue privately with the original poster. If you don't have the guts, flag it for review by a moderator.

And yes, I am aware of the delicious irony of my posting this publicly when I'm raging that the original responses should have been private. But I figure both points of view should be represented.

To the original poster: I wish you the best of luck on your sale. I've heard great things about Santa Cruz guitars, and I'm sure someone will become its happy owner.

Hear, hear!! Way to go Jon!

Well, I have often thought of trying to sell a guitar or two on this forum, but at the top of each page of this forum under Marketplace, it says this:

Forum: Ukulele Marketplace

Looking to buy or sell an ukulele?

I think it's fine, I picked up a fine guitar up here in a trade.

Pretend it's a Baritone Guitalele.

ps. Funny how nobody got all up in Poidog's face when he had the temerity to list a guitar. In fact, nobody replied at all. One of the benefits of having more than 7 posts I imagine. Way to welcome someone to a forum, people.

Everyone sells sells every manner of things under the sun on here - especially guitars - all the time. What's the big deal. I'm with BigK, more aloha, less discrimination against people who are new to the forum. Who says you gotta earn your stripes before you sell? We all started with 0 posts at one time. The thing I have the fondest memories of his how warmly I was welcomed and accepted when I joined the UU. Just because someone offers something for sale and has a small number of posts the vultures gather. What's up with people? Anyway, sorry to derail the thread further but I also wanted to back up bbycrts and say this public pack mentality sucks. Seen it before. Welcome to the UU brother and good luck with the sale. I could not hope to afford to own a guitar as luscious as this one but I'm sure there's a buyer out there for her. And Duane, please offer a guitar or two for sale on the boards, some people would be blown away!!!

And just in case melodicADD is still reading this...sorry man, we're usually better than this (apart from me, I can be a real wazzock at times, but I do try not to be). Hang around dude, it's a fun, friendly and informative place.

Duane: I hope you will list them. I think there are a lot of folks here who would love to see them.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR SALE melodicADD!

Not to put to fine a point on it, but this is a ukulele marketplace, not a guitar marketplace. I also have guitars for sale, but I don't list them on this site.

Is your Santa Cruz still available?

Hello,

I'm interested in your Santa Cruz Vintage Artist and wondered if it is still available and if you have a few more pictures of the top of the guitar?

Thanks a bunch,
Jason

.... I also have guitars for sale, but I don't list them on this site.

I wish you would post your guitars for sale here. I haven't bought a Black Bear Uke (yet) but the craftsmanship on the Black Bear Ukes that have been posted here is superb and I look forward to seeing photos of your work whenever you post here.

Top Bottom