COMPASS ROSE, Sycamore and Cedar Tenor, Custom For Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobmyers

Reaction score
Price Reduction $1300 firm, buyer pays Paypal fees or Money order. See page two for more Pics". Hi, For sale, reluctantly, in order to finance my next adventure, is my custom made Rick Turner Compass Rose Tenor. Unbelievable to see and play, this Sycamore and Red Cedar custom plays even better.
Currently strung with Southcoast linear (low G) with two flatwound strings.
The uke is pristine , as new , not a mark on it, completed early in 2012. The sound is heavenly and I would put it up against anything in its price range. The sound is warm and bright even if that sounds like a contradiction, if you play you know what I mean, tremendous sustain, huge volume and great intonation.
I am asking $1300, Final and firm, for this custom beauty in hard case, you pay Payapl fee, I pay delivery, in CONUS. Please PM me with any your questions and requests for more pics.
Thanks for looking,
Bob Myers
FrontButt.jpgBack.jpgSides.jpgFront.jpgCRCaseUU912.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, you're selling this, too? You must be buying the louis vuitton devine!

I'll be getting a Compass Rose soon and I was wondering how did switching to the G650's affect the sound? Those are the strings I plan on using too. Thank you.

I'll be getting a Compass Rose soon and I was wondering how did switching to the G650's affect the sound? Those are the strings I plan on using too. Thank you.

hey Gary i am still waiting for mine..when is yours ready..i just PM'd you

Last edited:
You will love them they make your uke a different instrument. So easy on the fingers and sound clear as a bell.
Bob

Beautiful instrument! I just spoke to Rick last week about a custom CR for me, possibly out of some exciting wood he recently got. Good luck with your sale!

Stunning instrument Bob. Sorry you have to sell it on. I truly wish I had the cash. Sycamore and cedar sounds like a great combination.

Beautiful uke, Bob.

Price Reduction
I am dropping price to $1600 but buyer pays Paypal fees or money orders up front . I'll pay shipping.
Bob

FrontCloseup.jpgBackClosup.jpgSoundHoleLabel.jpgFull Length.jpgHeadBack.jpg
Hi All,
More pictures taken outside to give a more accurate color rendition and a little sharper. Checking round a new one from stock is about $1500 without case and shipping if in stock most are out. a custom made as this one will run quite a bit more and take at least 4 months. Here is your chance to get a flawless 2012 custom model in hard case delivered for $1300 firm, you pay Paypal fees or money order.
If this doesn't do the trick I will take it elsewhere.
Thanks For Looking.
Bob Myers

Last edited:
Bump, How does $1300 firm sound, delivered, I'm looking to close this soon. It's a steal at this price.
Bob

Last edited:
Bump, With all the viewings, what is it you don't like, this is an awesome instrument? Virtually in new condition, and drop dead gorgeous.
Bob

Bump, With all the viewings, what is it you don't like, this is an awesome instrument? Virtually in new condition, and drop dead gorgeous.
Bob

If I didn't already have a wonderful Compass Rose tenor, I would have bought yours.

Maybe put out a sound sample to show how great your CR sounds. That would get anyone off of the fence.

That's a nice looking uke, I haven't tried anything out of sycamore. How would you describe the tone compared to mahogany?

I think asking the buyer to pay the PayPal fees is against their policy, might want to check on that.

Bob

To specifically answer your question -- I'm interested in Compass Rose. I got to play one of Rick's when I took his uke building class, and I've played a few at Gryphon Strings. This one is undoubtedly gorgeous, but for me personally, I don't think I'd buy a Compass Rose without having the chance to play it first, unless I custom ordered it from Rick. They all sound a little different, and without the benefit of deciding with Rick how to build mine in order to get the sound I want, I'd have to play it to see if it was what I was looking (and listening) for. If I were near where you lived, I'd have asked by now whether I could test drive it. No knock at all on the ukulele, which is beautiful. Just how I approach buying an ukulele like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom