Random middle-of-the-night questions

Lalz

Reaction score
- What tuning did the old Kumalae ukuleles have back in the 19th Century?

- If you were me with the ukes I already had and suddenly had access to lots money (which I don't), would you get a KoAloha Concert Pikake or a Kiwaya Concert KMC?

- In which tuning among D, C, G, Bb, open G and open C is the chord Eb easiest to play, do you reckon?

Sung in the melody of this year's Eurovision winner: "Insooomniiiia..."

- What tuning did the old Kumalae ukuleles have back in the 19th Century?

- If you were me with the ukes I already had and suddenly had access to lots money (which I don't), would you get a KoAloha Concert Pikake or a Kiwaya Concert KMC?

- In which tuning among D, C, G, Bb, open G and open C is the chord Eb easiest to play, do you reckon?

Sung in the melody of this year's Eurovision winner: "Insooomniiiia..."

aaaah Lalou, I sympathise with your insomnia, I know it well too!

1. I think the old sopranos were tuned in D

2. Don't know

3. Eb is easiest in Eb tuning...you just play a C chord shape!

whoa...just realised you're in the UK....must be like 4 or 5am in the morning or something now? what time is it?

aaaah Lalou, I sympathise with your insomnia, I know it well too!

1. I think the old sopranos were tuned in D

2. Don't know

3. Eb is easiest in Eb tuning...you just play a C chord shape!

whoa...just realised you're in the UK....must be like 4 or 5am in the morning or something now? what time is it?

According to the time on the post, it was ten to seven & your reply was at 7.30 am.

In answer to Qu3, Eb is pretty easy in Bb tuning, it's a F chord shape.

Last edited:
Thanks you guys! I finally fell asleep around 7am I think. Woke up and seemingly missed the marathon I was going to go watch. Gaah!!

Hm, I'm liking more and more the idea of having a uke in B flat tuning! One of my favourite Swedish singers keeps using Eb chords in her songs.

Thanks you guys! I finally fell asleep around 7am I think. Woke up and seemingly missed the marathon I was going to go watch. Gaah!!

Hm, I'm liking more and more the idea of having a uke in B flat tuning! One of my favourite Swedish singers keeps using Eb chords in her songs.

Bb tuning is pretty good. I have my concert tuned that way. It makes it just a bit more mellow as well as being easier to play certain songs in keys more friendly to my voice.

Top Bottom